Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 - colours/white balance

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 10:51 PM)
Sam122
Apprentice
Options

I have recently got a Tab S6 & I'm also using a Note 10 phone but I'm thinking of getting rid of them both and reverting back to apple. Reason being, the white balance and colours on the samsung screens are a lot different to the ipad/iPhone, in a more unnatural way. I want to use the tab for photo editing, but when I transfer jpegs from my camera (fujifilm - shot in srgb) to the tab, the photos on the tab look completely different. The main differences is in the blues and whites, with the overall white balance/tint being off too. The only way I can get the colours anywhere near is by using visibility enhancement and using personalised colour wheel and then using an app called colour calibrator to put a little bit of red and blue back into the screen. Anyone have any way around this or know a better way to get more natural colours? Phone is not in vivid either, that's way too saturated for me.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

In normal mode the phone has more than a 100 per cent srgb cover and a good dci-p cover.

The panel on the iphones is either samsung or lg but except for the iphone xi which has the same panel of the s10 the others have specB samsung panels.

White balance varies however the samsung panel is more accurate.

If you have a monitor calibration tool you can check for the colour coverage yourself.

Have a nice evening!

0 Likes
Sam122
Apprentice
Options

I'm afraid I don't have a calibration tool to check it. 

I just find it strange how if I view the photos on my camera screen compared to the note they look totally different but are exactly the same on the iPhone or ipad. That makes me question whether the samsung screen white balance is more accurate as I would have thought the camera would be accurate? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What camera do you have? I doubt it is more accurate than the screen of the phone

0 Likes
Sam122
Apprentice
Options

I have a Fujifilm XT-20. Its just annoying when I'm wanting to edit photos and they are totally different on the two devices.

Also, if I take a photo of the sky and look at it back on my phone, the blues are way more saturated than they should be. It seems to be blue and white that are most affected.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It is probably due to the camera monitor non being accurate

0 Likes