Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ 5g 5ghz Wifi adapter

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 05:08 PM)
Hobnobs
First Poster
Options

I’m looking to buy a wifi adapter so I can use my Note10+ 5g as a wifi hotspot. Can you suggest a compatible adapter as the TP-Link T3U I purchased isn’t compatible when trying to use the 5ghz band

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is an issue with TP Link. There are many threads about this so didn't find a solution. Ensuring drivers sre up to date and trying different channels were mentioned.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Hobnobs: I'm not familiar with compatible Wi-Fi adapters for the Note 10+ 5G, however please be aware that the option to assign the phone as a mobile hotspot is present in the phone's settings. To proceed, head to Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot > On. There are also Bluetooth and USB tethering options available, should you wish to try them. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Hobnobs
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your response. I have enabled 5ghz on my phones hotspot and connected to my iPad  so no issues with tethering. This is with the exception of my TP-link T3U 2.4 and 5ghz adapter plugged in to my laptop. 2.4works fine but when switched to 5ghz it doesn’t even list it in my network options. 

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is an issue with TP Link. There are many threads about this so didn't find a solution. Ensuring drivers sre up to date and trying different channels were mentioned.
0 Likes