Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging or Slow Response

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 03:01 AM)
Dricha17
First Poster
Options

I recently spent a TON of money on the Note 10+5G and am quite disappointed.  It is slow, it lags and it driving me CRAZY. Even on wifi, it sucks. I turn off wifi, it sucks. 

Is anyone else having this problem or know a root cause... maybe a resolution? ITs slow on answering the phone. Lags and delays when typing. Takes FOREVER to switch between apps or actions and the battery doesn't last a day. I'm severely sad that this is happening AFTER going they the whole Note 7 issue and losing a ton of money that time, I thought they might actually have made a decent, functioning Note.  😞

13 REPLIES 13
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Welp, I hate to break it to you but what they said about "having a huge computer" is kinda true. The Exynos 9825 has humongous custom cores (for smartphone standards) and does not have an integrated 5G modem. These two factors do drain your battery like crazy and affect system responsiveness (as they also generate heat, to which the phone responds by throttling itself). Being a 7nm SoC helps alleviate this issue, but not compensate it. As @Cassidy007 mentionned, the North American models have the Snapdragon 855, a much more efficient SoC. None in Canada come with 5G modems, though there's a few 5G variants in USA, none afflicted by this issue (that I know of). I'd classify this issue as a design flaw. If the advice he gave previously did not work and a factory reset changes nothing, well unfortunately you will be forced to disable 5G to have an usable device. You may also want to make sure your service provider has a good network in your area.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@xjennyx  That's mmWave 5G. It's basically useless. It can't penetrate buildings, can't travel very far, and can even be affected by rain or other such weather conditions. According to this page, the Note10+ 5G is a mmWave-only phone in Europe : https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2019/10/teardown-samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-5g/

It won't get "stronger", they'll just eventually rollout Sub-6GHz 5G. I see that in the UK, low bands like 600MHz and 700MHz are yet to be used. Those are going to be extremely valuable network bands, as they penetrate almost everything with ease and travel far greater distances. I see the Ofcom is in the process of making 700MHz available for mobile networks: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/spectrum-management/ongoing-projects

There's also mid-band frequencies like 3.xGHz, which aims to strike a middle ground between capacity and range.

But don't get excited. As previously mentioned, the Note10+ 5G in Europe is mmWave-only. So that means you won't be able to enjoy these new Sub-6GHz networks once they rollout.

0 Likes
Frustrated_greatly
First Poster
Options

Turn off 5G and texting will not lag.

0 Likes
Maroniumoxide
First Poster
Options
I got a Samsung s21+ . Normally I play pubg mobile on my ipad and now I decided to start playing on my phone however through the process I have found that the screen response time on my Samsung s21+ is soooooooo long in comparatio with my ipad this phone needs years to understand that I made a swipe or that I just tapped on the screen idk why this phone is so bad 👎 🙃 as in the Internet I have found out that this phone screen response time should be double faster than the one on my ipad Pro 2018 but it seems that either Samsung lied there either is something wrong with this phone... if someone knows how to fix this phone please tell me ...probably the last time I buy a Samsung...
Even my old Huawei p20's screen understands that I made a swipe way faster than this s21+ ... is it normal for a top Samsung phone to work literally in super slow me in comparison to the old phones?
0 Likes