Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging or Slow Response

(Topic created on: 23-11-2019 04:13 AM)
Dricha17
First Poster
Options

I recently spent a TON of money on the Note 10+5G and am quite disappointed.  It is slow, it lags and it driving me CRAZY. Even on wifi, it sucks. I turn off wifi, it sucks. 

Is anyone else having this problem or know a root cause... maybe a resolution? ITs slow on answering the phone. Lags and delays when typing. Takes FOREVER to switch between apps or actions and the battery doesn't last a day. I'm severely sad that this is happening AFTER going they the whole Note 7 issue and losing a ton of money that time, I thought they might actually have made a decent, functioning Note.  😞

13 REPLIES 13
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@Dricha17 wrote:

I recently spent a TON of money on the Note 10+5G and am quite disappointed.  It is slow, it lags and it driving me CRAZY. Even on wifi, it sucks. I turn off wifi, it sucks. 

Is anyone else having this problem or know a root cause... maybe a resolution? ITs slow on answering the phone. Lags and delays when typing. Takes FOREVER to switch between apps or actions and the battery doesn't last a day. I'm severely sad that this is happening AFTER going they the whole Note 7 issue and losing a ton of money that time, I thought they might actually have made a decent, functioning Note.  

facrory reset and setup as new as it was fresh day one. It can ONLY improve the issue.

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Dricha17 , does it happen when you are in safe mode ?

If your device is slow, you need to make a wipe cache partition like this :

+

Galaxy Note10+ : Refresh system cache

The cache partition is a portion of your internal storage that keeps the system cache. Sometimes, updates or app installation may corrupt the system cache and cause problems. Fortunately, problems coming from a bad system cache can easily be fixed by simply clearing the cache partition. This will erase the system cache so the system can rebuild a new one as you use the device. If you haven’t tried this one yet, here’s how to do it:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also check on those webpages BUT i think it's a problem with the Exynos 9825 or because of the recent update. One thing is sure, Canadian and American don't have those WIFI problems  and they have the Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855...In Europe, you all seems having problems with the Note 10 (+) device, anyway check those answers, i hope it helps...

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/09/galaxy-note10-keeps-losing-signal-signal-is-weak-or-intermittent-110...

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/11/how-to-fix-galaxy-note10-wifi-issues-wifi-wont-connect-or-keeps-disc...

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
xjennyx
Student
Options

I am having the same problems! I've only had this phone 3 days and I am so disappointed! It lags, it freezes up, and it constantly  loses the Internet connection and flags that it has no Internet connection and that I should go to settings to connect to the Internet, when it's already connected. It's difficult to highlight to copy text, it's just a really disappointing purchase! I am going to contact he mobile today about the turning this phone and getting something that actually works.  I think Samsung got a little ahead of themselves with this one. I also cannot get the split screen to work well, it's very difficult to use this phone for everyday applications and business needs!!

msi1362
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've the same problem. I erased cache partition, optimized all apps, deleted bloatwares, but no success.

Note 10+ 512G exynos model

Bezsenny82
Student
Options
Same problem 😔
0 Likes
xjennyx
Student
Options

I contacted T-Mobile and was told to change the settings to 4LTE rather than 5G and the lagging has almost completely stopped, only one occasion so far since I changed it.  I don't understand why, if 5G isn't available, (as I was assured prior to buying the phone) the phone wouldn't automatically change it itself to 4LTE. I was also told there reason the battery doesn't last long was because it's got "so many features" and it's got a "huge computer inside", it uses more battery than most phones.  All I can say,  if you want to design a phone with "so many features"  and "a huge computer", make sure the battery can handle it too. It's like designing a car that's so big, it weighs more than the motor can move. 

Try switching it to the 4LTE ans see if that helps. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 5G phone,  which I was assured would work fine in my area.  I am disabled and almost exclusively inside my home while using my phone, I was also told by T-Mobile that "5G had trouble penetrating into a home", again it defeats the purpose of spending that extra money for a 5G phone. This told I was told that it will take time for 5G to become strong enough to "penetrate into a home". I wish I would have saved the extra money and went with the less expensive Note10 Plus without the 5G, I can't use the feature always.  

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I am also very disappointed....I am fan of note series but this time note 10+ not giving satisfied result. Lagging issue....and much more.

0 Likes
metalic304
First Poster
Options

Galaxy Note 10 owner same issue and I restart my phone at least twice a day seems to help but getting old quickly. 

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Humm, i will ask some help from @CHMultimedia , stay tune !

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes