Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna declining existing customers

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 09:33 PM)
blazefalconburg
Explorer
Options
I joined the upgrade program when I got the Note 8. I then upgraded to the Note 9, and then the Note 10+. I have an excellent credit rating and am an existing customer. I can't think of any reason for refusing my finance request. I think you need to start using a different finance company, as it seems like their algorithm is broken.
16 REPLIES 16
Yousaf99
Journeyman
Options
I had this previously and they declined an upgrade but accepted a new purchase.. bit of shambles in my opinion
lukekarts
Journeyman
Options

I've had this today. Been a customer for 3 years, made all my payments etc, have a good credit rating, logging into Experian I can see there's 100+ transactions in my name with no "late" or anything else on my credit score that would mean there's an issue. Makes 0 sense and is really annoying.

Simonsays1969
Journeyman
Options

Yes likewise tried 5th August to get 3 year plan as thought that's an easier payment plan but was declined. Also have great credit scores with 3 agencies. 

ryanmch67
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem.

Went from Note 9 to Note 10+ and now being refused the Note 20 ultra, phoned Klarna and they told me if I keep trying to complete the purchase that it will damage my excellent credit rating, as a business owner I cant take that chance over the head of a mobile phone, so what the hell do I do?? Just accept that it cant get the new phone??!!

chelseaboy1972
Student
Options

Same issue. 

However mine appeared to go through even emailing me to say Direct Debit was set up. It was only when i entered my credit card details to pay deposit it failed and told me i was declined but could pay by another means.

Even more confusing when i decided not to bother with Note 20 Ultra as didn't want to damage my credit rating. So i decided to just buy the Buds Live on credit card. Got declined. Nothing wrong with my credit card. Don't understand it.

However my conclusion is and my credit card company said the same thing is there is a problem with Samsungs website and the company who process the payments. Looking on other forums looks like this has been a problem with Samsung website for a few years.

What you going to do about it Samsung?????????

MrFrye88
Apprentice
Options

Sometimes if the delivery address and billing address are different, they won't accept

Gower
First Poster
Options
Same issue, credit declined despite both credit agencies Klarna uses giving me an excellent credit rating - existing customer with multiple existing upgrade programme accounts for my wife and kids. Klarna customer services are absolutely useless - advice was try again or pay a different way, no further help provided and not willing to look at the reasons. Time for Samsung to look for an alternative finance provider.
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
Same here. Been a Samsung Upgrade Programme user since note 9. With note 20 upgrade, Klarna refused credit. Checked with all credit/fraud agencies Klarna recommended. All reports came back as required. Something's broken on Klarna side. If Klarna are running a hard search for every one of these, they are going to have a lot of p*ssed off Samsung clients. Samsung should be vetting their suppliers better! Leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth. If not resolved, paying off balance and leaving Klarna and Samsung. Simple.
blazefalconburg
Explorer
Options
I have discovered that the issue, at least for UK residents, appears to depend on whether you are on the open electoral register or not. open register gets accepted, if you are not on the open register, you get declined. its because it is cheaper for a company to search using the open register, instead of the full register which they are supposed to use.
currently going through financial ombudsman as a complaint against Klarna for improper practice.