Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Failed Samsung Dex For Mac

(Topic created on: 11-10-2020 08:14 AM)
MichaelDBourke
First Poster
Options

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 9.30.08 am.png

I have had no problems with DEX for a while, but recently was asked to update and since doing so, I am unable to install Dex on my MAC? Running MacOS Mojave. Any idea why I constantly get Installation Failed?

3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MichaelDBourke ,

I have had a look at the app specifications for Mac and it appears that Mojave is compatible with it. Could you confirm that you are meeting the rest of the specifications below?

- OS: High Sierra (macOS 10.13), Mojave (macOS 10.14), Catalina (macOS 10.15)
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 2.5 GHz or higher
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: At least 500 MB (recommended)
- USB: One free USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 recommended)

If so, I would suggest reaching our dedicated Samsung DeX Team from here: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

0 Likes
nutrino
Student
Options

It worked for me as below.

1) Mount .dmg file (dbl-click)

2) Open Terminal.

cd /Volumes/Samsung\ DeX

sudo installer -verboseR -dumplog -pkg Install\ Samsung\ DeX.pkg -target /

3) Reboot

ShaafIkram
First Poster
Options
Maybe, check your hardware, it must be suitable for Samsung DeX to work. If the hardware is low than 8 GB, it is not recommended, the OS must be supported, try reinstalling macOS instead, it could be software problem, not hardware problem. These specifications are recommended:

Sorry for anyone using macOS Mojave, Mojave is unsupported right now so upgrade to a newer OS, or buy a new iMac or MacBook Pro.

Refreshed Specs (2023)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3.6 GHZ or higher
RAM: 16 GB (32 GB recommended)
Hard Disk Space (HDS): At least 500 MB
Hard Disk Type: HDD or SSD (SSD recommended for your computer to slow down to much resources)
USB: Two free USB 3.1 ports
USB Type: USB 3.1

@TessM I refreshed your specifications to 2023 version.

Anyway, use Windows for the softer and better experience, if you aren't a Windows user and doesn't have a laptop with Windows so you will have to use a newer version of macOS or maybe buy a Microsoft Windows or MacBook.

Hope that helps you! More than happy to help.

Edit: Apple Chip should be M2!
0 Likes