Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly Bad Samsung Support Experience - Is this normal?

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 10:53 AM)
Hal_E_Lujah
Student
Options

Heya Samsung Community, I don't know what I'm hoping to get from posting this but I'm at a bit of a loss. 

I got a Note 10+ 5g the moment it was released and honestly it's the best phone I've ever had. It's incredibly well made device. 

Unfortunately for me I was assaulted in the street at the end of August. In the attack they broke my nose and my phone. 

I booked an appointment with the Kings Cross support centre, turned up, and in short was told to leave as they wouldn't help me fix the phone (they said it was due to covid). I can't help but feel it's because of how I looked with the black eye and broken nose - they were really rude and I was really polite. 

I managed to get through to online support who booked a courier to collect the phone and would organise the repair. That came like clockwork, I packed my little phone up into the box, and off it went. 

I got some calls at all hours of the day during the next few days, asking me to pay them money to repair the phone. At first I thought it was a scam as they were calling at times like 10pm on a Sunday, and couldn't verify anything, but eventually I just paid it as I care more about getting my phone back than the money. 

I waited patiently for a while before starting to get worried. I checked the status of my repair online and it says it was repaired and delivered - but it wasn't. I haven't received the phone back. I reached out to support and they told me to call the service centre. The service centre told me to call DPD. DPD told me to contact Samsung. 

I now have had to report it stolen by Samsung with the police - which feels a bit silly. I can't believe it's taken more time to get my phone fixed (and returned) than for my nose to heal! 

Anyway the question I have if there is any, is this typical of Samsung support? I can't really believe a company that makes such good devices can have such an incredibly bad support experience. I probably will not get another phone from them as even if I hate the Apple devices they know how to handle this side of things, and I just don't trust Samsung anymore. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Kwok_1994
Journeyman
Options
I'm sorry to hear that, I've preciously tried to repair my old S8 Edge by Samsung and know some repair spots they give you are sometimes 3rd party companies. So communication can be confusion between all 3 users and it falls onto you to organised / chase it.

I feel this is a one off experience for the process of repairing your phone but the KX store makes sense. Let's be honest here, that store is a flagship location and it needs to be presentable. I've been there a few times and its target audience is tech users and enthusiasts. Don't take it personally but its just business, imagine going into Harrods or Selfridges with a broken nose / black eye.
0 Likes
Hal_E_Lujah
Student
Options

I should be allowed in anywhere with a broken nose and black eye. I was the victim of a violent assault and came to the support centre to get a repair done.  What you're suggesting is disgusting, imagine saying that someone in a wheelchair or on crutches wouldn't be welcome as the space needs to be presentable. I would definitely be welcome in harrods or selfridges in that state.  I was more just curious if this was the standard experience with getting a phone repaired. 

It's definitely a case of multiple parties causing confusion though. It's not a great way of doing it really, that stuff and process should be invisible to the customer. 

Genuinely I don't care at this point I just want my phone back. I was considering just buying a new one to be done with it but I refuse to buy Samsung again until this is sorted. I feel a bit like they've robbed me. 

Niceonelads
Pioneer
Options
Wow... you have had an awful experience. i dont think this is normal for samsung to refuse you entry. Try contacting the actual 3rd party company to get this resolved. at least you made it out alive. Hope your well.
0 Likes
Kwok_1994
Journeyman
Options
By all means I condemn any abuse or violence at all, I didn't mean to offend you in that contents. I do hope you recover well and those attackers do get caught especially during these times.

I'm sure those stores will take in all customers by any physical or mental disability. Mentally I invisioned a literal black eye and broken nose, it can be discomforting for others.

On the repair side I agree, I was offered a repair charge for my screen which was almost the cost for a new one from amazon. That said do look into your warranty as they could just replace the whole unit for another? Its defiantly a EU / UK problem with the communication and 3rd party issue. I know in Korea its defiantly more streamlined and better service for customer care.

I hope the best for you and phone, perhaps try phoning them for updates as it does highlight your case more.
0 Likes