Factory Reset

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 09:31 AM)
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there

Hope you are all safe.

Please could you answer the following?

I want to factory reset my device (Note 10 Plus), however, I have been informed that it is best to sign out of accounts such as Samsung and Google, as these hold multiple items including changes and data, before doing so.

Please could you tell me how to log out of these, as I cannot see the option under accounts.

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Nitesh95 

In my experience I only log out of such accounts if I intend to factory reset and sell the phone On.

If I'm factory resetting for my own reasons then I find no need personally to log out of my accounts.

The purpose of factory resetting is to take the phone back to the last succesful software update.

For example to remove your Samsung Account go to Settings, Accounts and Back up , Accounts, Choose your Samsung Account, Tap on Personal Info,  Tap the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner and choose Remove Account.

You can't choose just an option to sign out as far as I've been able to see.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Hi @BandofBrothers

Ah I see, thanks for that.

The only reason I ask, is because I had a Sony XA (secondary phone) which I factory data reset, and I was on my note 10, went on to my WhatsApp, and there were no names just numbers.

I spoke to Samsung, and the chap said it was because I didn't sign out of Google and Google data was erased or lost, like the changes etc.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

You sometimes need to go into the accounts within the settings-accounts section. Some require to you select from the three dots at the top right too. There isnt a 100% consistency to the process However to be clear. WHen you reset your device the only accounts you must log out of are Google and Samsung all other accounts would be erased. Failure to log out of google and samsung may incure a lockdown of the device preventing it from being used without your password.

0 Likes