Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duo wireless charging blinking yellow

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 11:28 AM)
CarlosAyalaS
Apprentice
Options

Hello, i got the duo wireless charger, when i connect it to my phone cable and wall charger ot just blinks yellowish, i read in other posts u need to have the special wall charger for the duo, but i dont have it, anybody knows if i can get this speciall wall charger somewhere? 

And if anybody here has that wall charger could take a photo of the specifications of it? 

Greetings

11 REPLIES 11
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@CarlosAyalaS wrote:

Hello, i got the duo wireless charger, when i connect it to my phone cable and wall charger ot just blinks yellowish, i read in other posts u need to have the special wall charger for the duo, but i dont have it, anybody knows if i can get this speciall wall charger somewhere? 

There's no difference in the charging with respect to the number of SIM cards the S10 supports.

Do you have both the USB-C cable connected and are wirelessly charging ? Only do one method at a time.

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@CarlosAyalaS wrote:

And if anybody here has that wall charger could take a photo of the specifications of it? 

Greetings

The duo charger comes with its own wall adapter in the box. It's bigger than usual and more powerful so it can cope with charging two devices at once. 

When I first got mine, I forgot to change adapters and it would blink yellow. Then I remembered that the correct adapter is in the box! 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Napraznicul
First Poster
Options

Hello there,

Had the same issue with the normal charging base (EP-P3105) and any adapter i would use, still yellow, until i dug up a better one that could deliver 2 amps.

So yeah, yellow blinking means your adapter is too weak to charge the phone by induction

Lichen
First Poster
Options

Hey! I found this thread because my charger was blinking yellow as well, but when checking everything it out it turned out that the cord going into the charging box wasn't plugged in all the way. Completely ridiculous mistake but check that out before you assume it's actually broken :smiling-face:

darpar
First Poster
Options

I wish my issue was as simple to resolve.  My Samsung EP-P5200 dual charger started blinking this morning so I spoke to a CSR at Samsung and long story short, if I don't present the actual bill, then I'm hooped! This was a birthday gift from my sons (17 and 19 years old) and unfortunately, they didn't have the foresight to save the receipt/bill.  Funny enough, all they had to do was review my account to see that my family has two (2) phone products, plus a Gear 3 watch plus a 55" Samsung TV. I mentioned all this to the CSR  and instead of Samsung simply standing by their products, they use their standard protocol "playbook" to get out of  having to replace their defective product. I was happy to upload photos or video of the issue including highlighting the current Samsung family of products that I own, but their Support Platform conveniently does not permit upload or print screens of any kind.  Anyway, for $100 (Retail) charger that probably costs them under $15-20 to manufacture, they seem quite content to risk losing me as a (once) loyal customer.  Now I have no interest in ever charging their watch again and now that my Provider Plan is up for renewal, I'll stick with Android but I think that I can do better than Samsung as I'm sure Google will be able to "See the forest for the trees".    

definiteawesome
First Poster
Options

I have the cord that came with the charger. Its two feet. If you plan on putting this anywhere within standard reach then I hope you have a wall outlet that isn't at the base of the floor. Ive tried multiple plugs and cables and it's still blinking yellow.

Samsung if you want people to use your cable for an item that sits on a table/desk/dresser you have chosen an extremely poor length of cord. My old charger works fine, it just doesn't have the fan. So looks like I'll be returning this for a refund.

Members_b8HTslS
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue it worked for 2 months then amber lights and as it was a promotion it is no longer covered even though these products usually have 12 month warranty .

ZombieTke
First Poster
Options

You need a wall "BRICK" that is QC 3 (3 AMP) capable.  I lost my brick and none of my other Samsung or Belkin wall chargers would work.  I had a wireless hub that used a 3 AMP brick with QC 3 on it and that works perfect.  Stopped the blinking yellow light in their tracks :^)   Hope this helps someone else!

Dickstone
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this message. I was mad for ages that this thing wouldn't work. I was puzzled why it would work in my Livingroom and then not in the bedroom. After reading your reply, I figured it out. The charger I have in the Livingroom is more powerful. Thanks a bunch, I was about to toss the thing out.

0 Likes