Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 01:15 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

prefer a blue tint over a yellow or red any day, besides that blue tint is not like that in real life cameras tend to overexpose the tints of a phone.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

@DL31 wrote:

In the above pictures this blue tint is horrible on xperia...

Maybe you have an eye disease?

Looks far more natural than the red on my note 10

DSC_0013.JPG

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

Which one is closer to the white table?

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

there the white has a pink hue on the note the xperia has a perfect white

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

edit:thought i was responding to someone else disregard my response here

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

@zzcool500 wrote:

i've come to the conclusion that you will defend the note no matter what, now you try to say that the note 10's white is better because you think it looks closer to the white table, white can come in all kinds of hues warm or cold same with led lamps and interior design

It was me that said which one looks closer to the white table.

The answer is the Xperia.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

oh sorry missready

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

Lol.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

but yeah the xperia has far better calibration i don't know who would actually prefer the red hue of the note it drives me mad trying to figure out if thats what the screen actually is like of if just a certain number of them are that red like the image you posted the note should have a horrible blue tint with blue turned to max and red and green to 0 yet the white is still pinkish

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

now i can see that the issue is either "normal" or on a select number of displays as what i am seeing on your note is exactly what i was seeing on my note i really want an official explanation from samsung, because i fail to see how people would prefer what you showed how do people prefer that? how do people praise that obviously pink red tint

0 Likes