Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 12:31 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

i don't see how anything i've said breaks any rules, saying someone has a eye disease because they don't feel the same on the other hand, i like the note 10+ it looks nice i bought it because it looks like an xperia phone with no bezels the pen is a bonus even though i never use it, but i paid over 1000 dollars to get the best and i didn't get the best i got something really disappointing so i want that to be known it's not just the screen it's the cpu too the fold which has snapdragon feels so much snappier than the note i regret buying the note i completely regret it, there is no harm in criticizing things that have a cost like that, the note 10+ can very well be capable of having the best display as the panel is probably incredible but the calibration destroys it and the fact that theres nothing to fix that with and that samsung has been extremely noncaring of the calibration settings means they barely make no difference, so i am sure it could be good but software prevents that.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

@DL31 wrote:

You really have a problem and are dishonest regarding screen quality. One example is the very high définition of note10+ compared to the old FHD of z1.

About coloris, by default it is warmer to protect your eyes. This can be set colder.

You have been annoying all people on all forums outside of here including XDA and none could really agree with you.

Writting and spamming that the display on Note series is bad is a lie and your spam start to annoy everyone on the net. I can't even check sport news because i always end up with a post from you on note10 display.

I myself have both the Xperia 1 and note 10+ 5G

He's not dishonest, his reference to quality was Xperia 1 which had a 4k oled, not FHD, thus the Xperia 1 does have a higher resolution than any Samsung.

Also, if looking at both side by side, the note is actually much warmer tint, like very, very noticeable. 

I don't think he's being dishonest, just posting his opinion based on the same thing many see.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

finally someone understands what i am trying to say, i did reference my xperia xz1 AS WELL which has an FHD display, the panel is inferior but the colors themselves appeal to me more because supervividmode boosts the contrast and saturation giving the colors a look no other display on a phone has it's something i personally missed a lot when i got the xperia 5 because the xz1 has stronger more vibrant colors than the 1 because they are boosted that way, the note 10+ costs over 1000 dollars it's the highest price you can pay for a phone so ofcourse i am disappointed and will post about it considering i lost over 1000 on this thats not a small amount of money, the images you are showing shows exactly what my problem is, galaxy phone displays are just warmer than any other display i've ever seen, but it seems it's by chance i don't know they all can't be that warm as your images, the fold display is miles better than the note 10+ it is still warm but enough for it to be a nitpick where it's great overall rather than the note 10+ where it was just terrible as the images you showed, i want some official explanation on why the display is like that or even why people prefer it that way i certainly don't, the only time such a display looks really good is on warm images like the desert map on mariokart looks amazing, bowsers castle map looks amazing too but thats because those maps are mostly brown and orange.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

Well, officially the reason is that Samsung reduced the amount of harmful blue light in its panels before the S10 series came out.

You can make it kind of better by (funnily enough) activating the blue light filter and putting the filter strength to zero.

For some reason, this makes the display slightly cooler lol

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

tried that on the fold it didn't make it colder it just made it like 0.1% warmer very barely noticable unless you look really close at the white text getting slightly warmer when you turn the bluelightfilter on on the lowest strenght

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

out of curiosity based on the pictures you posted is that on the absolute coldest setting and do you see that as a defect or as a good thing, personally that looks terrible to me but some displays i have seen photos of of the s10 for example does not have that red hue that you have, the images you showed was exactly the issue i was experiencing on the note 10+ so that brings me back to the display lottery are they all like that are are just a few?

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

It is both panels on standard mode.

I cannot make note 10 cooler as it messes up the whole hue.

I can make the 1 warmer but it seems right how it is.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

well thats strange my note 10+ looked like your images but my note 10+ was on the coldest possible setting with red and green turned down to 0 and blue to max which again makes me believe it's a defect or again display lottery and terrible quality control, the phone is now stuck in purgatory because samsung service doesn't seem to have proper communication with samsung so i have to keep messaging one while the other is misinformermed last samsung support told me is that that note 10+ is getting sent to them but samsung service says they heard nothing so yeah it's stuck.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

would you mind for the sake of the thread just for a moment set it to

intensive or vibrant mode whatever it's called

coldest slider setting

red and green turned to 0 and blue to max 

take the photos again

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

In the above pictures this blue tint is horrible on xperia...

0 Likes