Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera quality very poor

(Topic created on: 05-01-2020 09:17 AM)
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options

I've had my note 10+ 5G for 4 weeks now and honestly underwhelmed which considering the cost is very disappointed. 

I would say that my main frustration is the overall quality of the camera in which I was expecting great things yet most pictures are blurred, bad exposure, low light shocking. Actually considering flipping back to my my pixel 3a...

Can anybody confirm if any updates are coming to improve this or provide any pointers that might help? I have trawled YouTube etc and haven't found anything major, at least for better "point and shoot"?

Failing this, I guess I should consider selling the handset altogether...

Thanks

43 REPLIES 43
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

I dont have one to upload yet, will see tonight if i can get similar lights and green trees or something to shoot at.

But i posted a star shot in the other topic here that is less yellow than the above pics :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note10-Note10-Note10-5G/Camera-pro-mode-and-ISO-setting/t...

Might not be everyone's taste but i like it.

@MadalinK By the way, and as it stands from what i've seen here and there with S20u shots, i kinda agree with you. N10+ is great... I just wish i could zoom in that much, but i have taken x10 zoom shots that are not bad at all with N10+.

Lacks sharpness OK :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: but still not bad...

Note 10+ en zoom x10Note 10+ en zoom x10

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@DL31  I kind of agree about the 10x zoom on the Note 10

It's better than any other 10x I've tried so far on a Samsung device. You get quite a bit of detail when used, I was impressed. 

Sunrise with 10x zoomSunrise with 10x zoom

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Kowalski_A
Journeyman
Options
Just to be clear, Night Sight is a Night mode? How do you change any setting in Night mode? I don't use it because it takes eternity to take a shot, and the result is is so unnatural lightning.
Sorry for my bad English.
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Kowalski_A  It is improved as far as i noticed, with OneUI 2.1.

Not drastically, but it works great. When you are on tripod, very stable, it seems to use longer exposure times, so it will gather more details and more light.

One thing, when you tap in a dark area, before taking the shot, then the software will use this dark area to tweak exposure. Meaning it will brighten this dark area to get more colours on it. Downside, the sky or other bright areas will get too bright. Your choice, depending on which area you tap on.

The only true setting that you get then, is brightness. If you checked the star shot i posted, i tapped the screen to make a rule appear, brightness rule, and set is down drastically to get the sky darker. This is why foreground appears black, but it allowed to retrieve something more realistic and to get the stars.

Example of brighter pic :

Viewfinder, very dark, NightViewfinder, very dark, NightDefault Night Mode / brightDefault Night Mode / brightDefault night Mode, with post-processing with Gallery app.Default night Mode, with post-processing with Gallery app.

And if you like it more punchy :face-with-tears-of-joy::smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

With Google Photos edit feature :

Edited with Google photosEdited with Google photos

And this is a shot with a 3rd party software :

Night shot with 3rd party softwareNight shot with 3rd party software

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Yes, Night Sight is the same as the Night mode in your Camera app.

It does produce brighter shots but you have to keep the phone still while it's taking the picture. It can take longer if there is lower light.

You can't change any setting while using the Night mode, all you can do is switch between the 3 lenses. 

If you want to change any settings for the camera, then you have to use Pro mode. 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@MadalinK  We can change Brightness in Night Shot. Just tap and slide the rule that appears. But yes that's the only thing besides tapping an area to get the exposure on it.

Rohit61
First Poster
Options

Same here. I was confused, after I bought my phone. Many reviews in YouTube, compared this camera with pixel 4 and some times rated higher than the pixel 4 phone.

Indoor pictured do not have details and also, the portrait mode unable to detect the edges and makes hair blurry.

I never expected from this phone. Only reason to upgrade was camera and I am returning this phone.

Anyone here, satisfied with any other phone camera after this experiance?

0 Likes
Josempita
Student
Options

Completely agree, camera is really underwhelming, my note 4 camera or at least the software was way better

0 Likes
Josempita
Student
Options
Yeah it sucks... This will probably be the last Samsung phone I purchase, super disappointed
Kowalski_A
Journeyman
Options

It's definitely not a ''Point and Shoot'' like S8. It does have a better color accuracy and white balance. Everything is great if you are outdoor and there's a plenty of light. But today every 250 euros phone does a great job in that situation. Thing getting really worse when you get inside and object you are filming is not under the light. Lot, and I mean a LOT of noise, lack of detail and Luminance noise is awful. Also shutter button lags a lot. Pro mode helps a bit, but not everyone knows how to use it. 

Summa summarum it's a a step back compared to the Samsung S9 or even to S8