Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Note 10+ photos saving upside down

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 08:33 AM)
almac
Explorer
Options

I've had my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G almost a year now. Can anyone explain what setting it is I have to change to stop it saving my photos upside down? I never had this problem with any other Samsung phone - my Note 4 and S8+ were fine - it keeps saving pictures either in landscape or upside down. I know I can go into photos, and manually turn them the right way up, but that sometimes plain refuses to work. Also, when you spend over a thousand bucks on a phone it feels like something you shouldn't have to do. Am I alone, stupid, or is there a solution?

9 REPLIES 9
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@almac  try to initialize the parameters of the camera app., it does not cost much to do so.

0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options
Hi, thanks for this. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. I haven't changed any settings, yet 80% of my photos save upside down. I think this must be a fault. It should be set up properly.
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@almac  Just stay tapped on the camera launch icon until a menu appears, and click on right side icon (informations about the app). Select Storage -> Supress data (at bottom left). This will reset the camera app (but no worries, your photos are safe, it only reset the settings). 

It is more than likely a software issue so hopefully it will solve by itself ; i know it happened sometimes to me...

0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options
Ah, I see. thanks very much. I did this, first picture attached. Would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous on a $1000+ handset
0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-08 at 12.19.52.jpeg

0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options
Update on this, went to Samsung Experience on Oxford St London. Spoke to one of their tech guys and showed him the attached which I'd just taken. He said he'd never seen it before but to make an appointment with the service bar and they'd do a software rebuild.
0 Likes
Kapuska999
First Poster
Options

Is there any solition? Same issue on my note 10 lite  

16732057558687100351249850925781.jpg

0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options

No, they don't care. Finally ditched Samsung, bought a Pixel and never been happier. Half the price, no bloatware, better camera - superior in every way

0 Likes
Andyapolis
First Poster
Options

Have you found a solution? I had the same problem. I cleared my camera cache and restarted my phone. This fixed it. Hope it helps.

0 Likes