Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a second hand Note 10+ - what warranty would I get?

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 06:30 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi guys, I hope you can help?  I've seen a second hand Note 10+ at my local xyz store (a reputable company) but I am trying to find out what warranty I would get from Samsung - I'm hoping it would be the remainder of the 2-year warranty and if so, do you know what proof of ownership I'd need to provide to them IF, God forbid, something went wrong with the device in that period of time - clearly the receipt but is there anything else do you know?  Would any of you buy a second-hand one - the one I've seen is in pristine condition, albeit that the built in screen protector has been removed - I gather that's store policy - and I've seen it working.  Any feedback gratefully received, thanks.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: I can confirm that you would inherit the remaining warranty period, which was activated on the initial purchase date. Proof of purchase should contain the retailer logo, date of purchase, reference to the phone and the amount paid, although this will only be requested if you're claiming on out-of-the-box accessories. Hope this helps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

That's very helpful, thanks so much.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

May I be so bold as to ask whether you'd buy such a thing second hand?  I'm just a little nervous about buying such an expensive item that's being sold for only 150 less than the full retail value and wonder if I'd be better off buying a new one instead - at least then I'd have the full 2-year Samsung warranty?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: Where electronics are concerned I think you're better off spending a bit extra and getting it brand new to avoid any potential pitfalls.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks buddy, in a way I was hoping you'd say that - gives me the go-ahead to buy new!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Trying to get out of Apple eco-system!!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Anything to avoid the dreaded buyers remorse. I think you'll feel better knowing that it's shiny and new, without the looming shadow of the previous owner :smiling-face: Enjoy!
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks for that! Only concern is that it's so big hope it's not uncomfortable in the hand!

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User 

Coming away from the Apple Eco System isn't as difficult as you'd imagine. I was using iPhones and iPads for years and become tired of them for a few reasons.

I've used a few Samsung phones since then and am now using the Samsung Note+ 5G and it has a Samsung Black Leather Case on it.

It may look big at first but one adapts and I still can use some of it one handed due to the One Ui operating system.

I agree with @AndrewL  that going for the brand new option is the best way forward as you will enjoy the full 24 month manufacturing warranty.

And you have no idea how the used phone has been cared for.

It could have been bumped around etc. No disrespect to the seller.

I would suggest some type of case if only to add some extra grip.

These curved screens are expensive to replace.

I have.....

Samsung Black Leather case.

dbrand Black Dragon back skin to stop scratches.

Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

Household Contents Insurance just incase.  :winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes