Did you mean: 

Broken S pen screen area

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 01:36 PM)
JurijK
First Poster
Options

Hello there,

Month ago I bought new samsung note 10.

Yesterday I noticed I have broken area on my screen, where s pen behaviour is invalid.

1. Sensivity on this area is not equal as the rest of the screen.  To draw in this area I need to put more effort than other screen. This is visible when I paint over the screen with low pressure lines. See screenshot. 

photo_2020-06-06_14-27-27.jpg photo_2020-06-06_14-43-38.jpg

So in this arrea s pen looks like does not touch the screen, but it actually does.  To draw on this are I should apply much more effort.

2. In the broken area is bad accuracy as well. Lines appears not exactly where the pen touches.

Additional information:

Mobile phone was not dammaged. I didn't use any magnet covers, actually i didn't use covers at all. I handled the phone very carefully. Finger touch works well, problem is only about S pen.

How can I fix it?

Best regards,

Jurij K.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would suggest to seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre when they re open @JurijK 

May I assune you do not have a screen protector applied ?

If you do then turn on the phones sensitivity toggle in the settings or remove the Protector.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@JurijK: If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Touch' from the series of grey tiles, and draw a line through the squares on screen, are you able to complete this test? If not then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to look at your repair options.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
JurijK
First Poster
Options

Hello, AndrewL

Unfortunatelly I believe you have not read my problem carefully. My issue connected with s pen, not with touch.

Moreover this test doesn't cover broken area on my screen. Probably I'll record video and place it on youtube to make more people noticed about this problem with samsung note 10 spen. Ofcrouse I'll add link with video here, to make it clear that the problem is not related to touch. 

Best regards,

Jurij K.

0 Likes
JurijK
First Poster
Options
Hello, BandOfBrothers,

Thank you for the advice. I don't have screen protector. Anyway I tried to enable higher sensitivity, disable it, but without any difference 😞

Thank you,
Jurij K.
0 Likes
JurijK
First Poster
Options

Looks like there is only one option is go to the service.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@JurijK  when you approach the s pen close to the screen without touching it, do you see the little DOT ? Do you see it on other parts of the screen but not in this area ?

In what @AndrewL  suggested there is still the "S-pen" check.

0 Likes
JurijK
First Poster
Options

Hi, @DL31

Yes, I see the dot. But I see this dot even when I touch the screen with my s pen. To draw in this area I have to push with significant effort.

0 Likes
vkay
First Poster
Options
Galaxy M30 for India , using in England do I need to open Regional lock?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vkay 

"All current Samsung phones come with an active regional lock when first bought. Assuming it's not also locked to a specific network, using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talktime will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region from then on."

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes