Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Firmware Update Fails @26%

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 10:03 PM)
Flawood
Pioneer
Options
The August firmware update downloads with no issue, however on install it fails at 26% on restart I get a failed update message to contact a samsung service centre. I am not the only member to have this exact same issue or its an Update issue not a hardware issue.My Device is NOTE 10 PLUS 5G

Come on samsung lets see a quick resolution 
147 REPLIES 147
Members_14uTmjL
Apprentice
Options

Now when I try the update it says up to date security patch  01 July.  Obviously the patch 01 Aug  doesn't work on the note 10 + 5g

HelpIfICan
Apprentice
Options

Strange, this morning we looked again to see if the phone would update. 10/August/2020
The phone checked for updates and said.
"Your software is up to date"
Current version: N976BXXS5CTG1 / 
N976BOXM5CTFA / N976BXXS5CTFA
Security patch level: 1 July 2020

Flawood
Pioneer
Options
looks like samsung have pulled the faulty August firmware update, I would say it will not reissued hopefully the next one in September won't have the same results and install as intended
rjclark71
Journeyman
Options
and support won't offer any more advice, like launching smart switch whilst in safe mode!!!
Members_Q6cyAg5
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue on my Note10+

0 Likes
TagomiBanzai
First Poster
Options
same issue on my note 10 plus 5g failing to update at 26%
0 Likes
barbarino
Apprentice
Options
had the same problem
0 Likes
Flawood
Pioneer
Options
August firmware update reissued and installs with no issue, thank you Samsung for listening and thank you to community for reporting 👍Happy updating
Gadgetman666
Student
Options

August update now works. Coughs at 26% (Covid?) but carries on with a few little coughs along the way to a complete update. The patient has recovered.

jmagras
First Poster
Options

Yes, it works. The update makes several stops at diferent %'s, but comes to a successfull finish. And the restart after the firmware update takes a long time, but be patient.  

0 Likes