Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Firmware Update Fails @26%

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 12:34 PM)
Flawood
Pioneer
Options
The August firmware update downloads with no issue, however on install it fails at 26% on restart I get a failed update message to contact a samsung service centre. I am not the only member to have this exact same issue or its an Update issue not a hardware issue.My Device is NOTE 10 PLUS 5G

Come on samsung lets see a quick resolution 
147 REPLIES 147
Nesar
First Poster
Options
I've got the same problem. Its most likely to be a software issue. Hope they fix this soon
0 Likes
Davethetech
Explorer
Options
I carried out upadte via smart switch and all appears to be working OK this morning 08/08/20
0 Likes
Bomberh
Apprentice
Options

from SamsungUK on Twitter

We are aware that there is an issue with this particular update, Keith. Our engineers are investigating this matter, and doing their best to rectify it as soon as possible. In the meantime, we can offer troubleshooting steps that might help. ^SN

They just need to tell everyone, which would stop people messing with their mobiles to get it to work! None of the steps work, I just replied with:

if there is a problem with the actual firmware package, there is no point in doing troubleshooting steps that might work...safe mode don't work...factory reset don't work...smart switch on the PC/Mac don't work...clearing the device cache don't work...why get people to do this stuff knowing it won't work????

Doyleluck
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue on my Note 10+ 5G

0 Likes
TrevorDavis
First Poster
Options

Same here.

0 Likes
Maddwarf
First Poster
Options

Smart Switch - solved!

0 Likes
HelpIfICan
Apprentice
Options

This is my help from Samsung online chat.. we did not resolve the problem.

Hi, thanks for contacting Samsung, to get us started please fill in the below. Just so you're aware, if you have any questions about how we Samsung Electronics UK Limited, use your personal information you can find out more at www.samsung.com/uk/info/privacy. This may include using your personal data to provide support related updates and assess and improve the way we support our customers, including carrying out customer satisfaction surveys. We use cookies to remember your sign-in details so you do not have to enter them when you next login and to store the conversation on your device. If you are using a shared device, please delete the conversation history by clicking three vertical dots "⋮".

11:36 AM

Please select your product type from the list below

Smartphones & WearablesTabletsTV & AVHome AppliancesPC & OfficeCameras

Smartphones & Wearables

Hi Debbie Humphries, I’m Samsung’s Chatbot and I’m here to help you.

In a few words, please let me know what I can help you with.

using smart switch

11:37 AM

I understand you want to know about Smart Switch. Am I correct?

Choose one of the following options

YesNo

Yes

Sure, will provide you with the required information.

Smart Switch helps you to transfer all your data like photos, files, device settings, and other important data. You can transfer your data from both Android and iOS devices, using any of the three mediums: ⚬ over Wi-Fi ⚬ with a USB cable ⚬ with a PC or Mac Choose the method you feel most comfortable with and let Smart Switch do the rest.

I hope, I was able to answer your query for today?

YesNo

No

Please may I connect you to one of our Samsung Support Experts?

Yes, I want to connect to Samsung Support Expert.No, I want to quit the chat.

Yes, I want to connect to Samsung Support Expert.

11:38 AM

Ok, got it. One of our Samsung Support Experts will be right with you to help.

ive installed the pc sw on a 4tb hard drive, then sw says i have insufficient hard disk space?

Hi Debbie! This is Cathy from Samsung Chat Support. I hope you're doing well. Since you have me right now, rest assured that I will provide you the best possible solutions to help you.

Can you please tell me more about the issue of your device?

11:39 AM

May i know the model number of your device please?

11:40 AM

1st the latest sw update wont work, get to 26% then fails.. so was going to use smart switch.. Galaxy Note 10+ 5g

11:40 AM

but your pc app says i dont have enough disk space.. what drive does it refer to

11:41 AM

Thank you so much for this information and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you are experiencing right now, but rest assured that we will check all possible resolutions to the problem. I hope you don't mind if I take a brief moment to gather all the necessary information to answer your query. I'll be back with an answer for you shortly.

11:42 AM

Thank you for waiting, Debbie. I have been unable to find the answer to your query just yet. Would you mind waiting for another two minutes?

11:46 AM

Thank you so much for waiting? Are you still there Debbie?

11:48 AM

yes

11:49 AM

Debbie may i know the issue of your device.

11:51 AM

sorry, are you not reading my messages

im unable to update to the latest firmware

your auto software update wont work there are problems with it, its gets to 26% then fails

11:52 AM

Sorry Debbie, this is what we’re going to do we will perform some troubleshooting steps .The troubleshooting steps I will provide to you should help resolve the issue on your phone.

11:52 AM

Is your device backed up?

11:54 AM

i simply want to know why the smart switch app on my pc says not enough hard disk space and what drive it refers to..

11:55 AM

Debbie the reason your smart switch is not working because of the update, what we are going to do is troubleshoot the software.

11:56 AM

ok

11:56 AM

Thank you? Is your device was backed up?

11:57 AM

doing it now

11:59 AM

Great! thank you. after that If you have access to Wi-Fi, Test your internet connection by going onto www.bbc.co.uk. Does the page load within 10 seconds? And Is the battery less than 50% on your device?

12:00 PM

I haven't heard from you for over two minutes now. Could you please let me know if you are still there?

12:03 PM

still here.. just doing back up

12:04 PM

so, bbc.co.uk les than 3 sec batt 100%

12:05 PM

Thank you so much. Clear your device's cache partition. To clear the cache on your device: 1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps. 2. Select Settings. 3. Select Device care. 4. Select Storage. 5. Select Clean now. Try to update your software again. Select each step to use the device simulator. 1. From the home screen swipe either up or down to access apps. 2. Tap Settings. 3. Tap Software update. 4. Tap Download and install. If you're updating over the air (instead of through the Samsung Kies program on your computer), you'll need to sign into your Google account and also your Samsung account on the phone. If you don't have either account, you'll be asked to create a new one. Steps complete Has this solved your issue?

12:06 PM

checking for updates.. this is on my phone

12:10 PM

just updating, dont hold your breath.. the phone is only using 17% of storage

12:12 PM

failed to update.. only gets to 26% then fails

everyone is having the same problem, i have 2 of these same phones, both are not updating

12:13 PM

Thank you so much for trying Debbie, Our developers are still running extensive checks and quality tests to make sure that the software would be compatible on all devices and to avoid any system glitch or error. Please do know that updates are sent over the air and once it would be available, you will be notified. We want to ensure that the software is up to date because it is important as it enhances the phone's functionality and updates its security protocols. Here at Samsung, we take customer feedback very seriously and we will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the appropriate team for further analysis. To send software feedback straight to our developers, please use the Samsung Members application. If it's not built in on your device, you may download it from Google Playstore. To be able to send feedback on Samsung Members, please open the application, select Support and tap on Send Feedback. This will allow you to ask a question or send an error report

12:15 PM

0 Likes
Bomberh
Apprentice
Options

I'm afraid it didn't work for me 😞

Roxsanne
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung Note 10+ 5G as well I just tried twice and received the error and then failed to install message. The update will download fine but not install. 

0 Likes
Emptywordsss
Apprentice
Options

Any progress?

0 Likes