Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio distortion

(Topic created on: 28-08-2019 09:42 AM)
Splash105
Explorer
Options

Anyone else getting random audio distortion? Im using the headphones that came with the device and my own 3.5mm ones with a jack converter, happens on both and happens on all music apps I use (TIDAL, Play Music and YouTube Music) the only way to stop it is by closing whichever app I'm using and restart app again

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Splash105 

Have you reset the audio balance setting's and re tried?

Settings > Sounds and vibrations > Advanced sound settings > Sound quality and effects > Equaliser change sound mode test and then change back. As for 3rd party adaptors it does need to be one with the built in DACs short of that I would try the same headphones in another phone to make 100% sure it's not the headphones before further steps which we can go into.

Splash105
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply, I'm getting the distortion with both earphones, the AKG and my own 1MORE in ears, I have noticed some updates for USBC audio popping up when I plug them in so maybe it's a known issue to Samsung, it's just so random can happen anytime, I'll just live with it and hope it gets fixed.

0 Likes
HiFiBri
Apprentice
Options

I have a brand new Galaxy Note 10 plus 5G. I also get extremely annoying random squeaks, a little bit like a reel to reel tape recorder being stopped suddenly. (Or when spooling on & play back comes through the speakers). It is ruining my listening. I never had this problem with my Galaxy Note 3 which I had for over 6 & a half years. Little squeaks or hiccups both on the corded AKG headphones supplied with the phone & brand new blue Tooth OTH AKG K845s. Is it worth buying a flagship phone if this is going to happen. It is VERY DISTRACTING. You're always listening out, concentrating wondering when it's going to happen again. 

NinoPiculeata
First Poster
Options

Hi, HiBriFi! I have the same problem on my Galaxy A40 and i am so annoyed. I can't find a solution but do you find any? Please reply.

Greetings, Nino P.

0 Likes
HiFiBri
Apprentice
Options

For the main part, touch wood, the squeaks & noises are far fewer (so far). Samsung sent a headphone download/update which seems to have worked. The noises don't occur when I play music through the phone speakers. Still assessing the situation & keeping my ears alert if it happens again.

0 Likes
NinoPiculeata1
First Poster
Options

Ok, where i can find the update?

0 Likes
HiFiBri
Apprentice
Options
Just contact Samsung Support, Technical Dept. Sorry for late reply, got i late and just had my tea.
0 Likes