Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update 2.1 issues

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 02:50 PM)
Pravin_1
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I have recently got the update of one UI 2.1, after the update I have noticed that I can't do gesture back on the keyboard, and also the handwriting feature not good. 

please advise.

Thanks 

Pravin 

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@Pravin_1: If you go to Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Full Screen Gesture > More Options, can you see an option called 'Allow Back Gesture On Keyboard'? If so, active this option and this should hopefully resolve your issue. What problems were you having with the handwriting feature?
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Pravin_1  What an interesting find.

Now I too am not able to do the back gesture while the keyboard is on the screen.

And in Settings I don't have the Allow Back Gesture on Keyboard. 

Does anyone have a fix for this ? 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
tarsins
Explorer
Options

Are you swiping back on the keyboard itself? Is so, you have to swipe back above the keyboard. Alternatively , turn on the Show button to hide keyboard in Settings->Display->Navigation bar.

@MadalinK wrote:

Now I too am not able to do the back gesture while the keyboard is on the screen.

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@tarsins wrote:

Are you swiping back on the keyboard itself? Is so, you have to swipe back above the keyboard. Alternatively , turn on the Show button to hide keyboard in Settings->Display->Navigation bar.

@MadalinK wrote:

Hi @tarsins . Yes I am swiping back on the keyboard, just like I used to do before the 2.1 update. I was just wondering why this is not allowed anymore.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
denish_k
First Poster
Options

I am also having same issue in Note 10 plus. Please someone help resolve it. Thanks

0 Likes
Rudy49er
Apprentice
Options

Since no one resonded to the handwriting features issue I will ask again.

Since the last update my handwriting feature has changed. The old feature had a writing pad that allowed a relatively large area in which to write, many formatting options along the top, a back delete button, a return button,  a comma button, and a space bar buttion. I could also scroll up and down on the converted text and make edits.

Now the writing area is small and surrounded with just a few formatting options and many punctuation buttons (most of which I don't use). Also, I can't scroll through converted text and make edits.

How do I get the old format back?

tarsins
Explorer
Options

Have you maybe collapsed the panel? What happens when you press the two-headed arrow symbol?

0 Likes
Rudy49er
Apprentice
Options

I have tried it both ways. The first screenshot is in expanded mode. Here I can only write in the black box.Screenshot_20200502-102042_OneNote.jpg

In the contracted mode I can write anywhere on the screen.

Screenshot_20200502-102111_OneNote.jpg 

In both instances it will convert my writing to text. However, in the old version of this box I had a lot more formatting options than I do now. For example, I could choose numbered bullets and indent. The only punctuation options I had were a comma and a period. I didn't need the others that are now offered as I had no problem with drawing what I wanted and having it convert properly.

The other thing I really miss is the ability to either split two words apart or pull two parts of a word together. You did this by tapping the problem words or word parts on the text screen. That portion of text would appear on the writing screen and I could split text by drawing a vertical line where I wanted a split or pull two parts together by drawing the lower half of circle between the parts. Now I can only find and highlight a word or word parts to cut, copy, or replace a previously written word or parts of words. Very inefficient.

I would like to have the old writing screen back.

JustAUserOrigin
First Poster
Options
I also have the same issue on my tablet. The handwriting feature is now very limited with the new update. I hope Samsung is planning to restore the features that
made it such a pleasure to use. Right now the user experience is poor.