Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit edit contacts samsung note 10 lite

(Topic created on: 24-10-2023 08:38 AM)
tayel
First Poster
Options

Hi, if I open any contacts, I can't show any edit button, you can see the screenshot

Thanks, RegardsWhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 10.35.11 AM.jpeg

38 REPLIES 38
mehte
Apprentice
Options

Since I cannot edit my contacts, I wanted to try clearing the cache by entering hard reset section, I accidently activated factory reset option. It took some time for phone to open, then I saw that the problem was gone, phone contact was functioning properly. The phone contact list was gone, which I pulled my contacts from sim card.  But you have to work for some time to put your phone in order and load your apps and so on.

Anyway my note 10 lite is working now without a problem for nearly 3 hours. I hope that I have solved this persistant problem (which is by accident). Since I am Not  an experienced person in this matter , I suggest others to be careful, and dont forget to backup "contacts, id and passwords, etc..."

0 Likes
silveiravh
Apprentice
Options

It seems like they fixed it. It just started working properly again for me today. 

CemJ
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it works.  Thanks for the information.

GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options
Mine is still not working, no change at all from before. My Contacts app version says:
Version 14.7.09
Contacts Storage 14. 5.24
The latest version is already installed
0 Likes
silveiravh
Apprentice
Options

My Galaxy Store updated yesterday. I think it started working after this update. Try update your Galaxy Store too. 

0 Likes
GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options
My Galaxy Store is on version 4.5.72.1 and says it is up to date. Still no fix for Contacts for me.
0 Likes
silveiravh
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20240404_140231_Settings.jpg

 Mine is 4.5.73.3. I think it should be available for you soon. 

0 Likes
GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20240405_115003_Galaxy Store.jpg

OK, so my Galaxy Store has now updated like you said. But no change to the behaviour of Contacts - the problem remains. And no great surprise either, since Contacts app itself is not updated, there is no update available for Contacts in Galaxy Store. And Galaxy Store continues to report that the installed Contacts app is incompatible with my device (which at least is true, on the evidence!)

0 Likes
silveiravh
Apprentice
Options

My contacts app didn't update either, just the Galaxy Store. And yes it shows Contacts app is not compatible with my phone. Like I said it just started working again. I thought the reason was the Galaxy Store update because it started working more or less at the same time the Store was updated. I don't know how to help you more. Maybe your app will start working soon like mine or you can try to contact Samsung. 

Screenshot_20240405_114225_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes