Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit edit contacts samsung note 10 lite

(Topic created on: 24-10-2023 08:38 AM)
tayel
First Poster
Options

Hi, if I open any contacts, I can't show any edit button, you can see the screenshot

Thanks, RegardsWhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 10.35.11 AM.jpeg

38 REPLIES 38
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

It's an odd one. 😕 Doesn't affect either my S10 or Z Flip4 that both have different software and Contact app versions to each other, so it may be particular to the Note10 Lite.

Has anyone affected by the issue been able to submit an error report (with log files) on it? That's the best way to report and flag software issues.

As soon as you can after the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or, for a shortcut: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That sends the report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse.

Further guidance on how to send error reports here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re... 

Blondie Lox
First Poster
Options

Yes, I've had this issue as of recent on my note 10 lite as well. At first I tried the usual clearing data/cache etc but the app itself is definitely bogged down and when I won't give up trying, it crashes and I get the prompt to close or wait for contacts process. I've tried clearing everything. I even thought maybe they were corrupted so I deleted all my contacts and also from all my backups and remade them but the stock contacts app just keeps freezing. Interestingly, when I look at contacts app details and click to view in galaxy store, galaxy store gives error the program isn't for our device so have they failed to update it anymore? Is it just straight bugging out for everyone now? Samsung.... Investigate and fix please. 

GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options

That's a good spot about the Galaxy Store reporting the factory installed native Samsung Contacts app isn't compatible with the Note 10 lite phone on which it is installed.

It seems they are correct in that assertion too, since the app certainly does not work properly.

Samsung, sort this out.

0 Likes
mehte
Apprentice
Options

I found out that today; that since my "favorites contact" lists can not be editted, but I can edit my "phones contact" lists. I didn't noticed that before. I will check if this will continue or not.

An hour later: I have tried again, no it doesn't work. I cannot edit some contacts, especially  ones with photos.

GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options

I've just installed the latest, Feb 2024, Samsung update. Sadly no fix for  Contacts is included, and the same errors persist. Looks like we're being left to twist in the wind by Samsung.

0 Likes
GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options

Ok, so I've reported the issue via Samsung Members app, and linked to this thread. I also provided screen capture of the fault in action. They have replied: 

"Thanks for letting us know. We're going to pass this on to our experts. Once they find the root of the problem, we'll get back to you."

GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options
I've heard nothing since the above holding reply from Samsung.
0 Likes
hkpavel
Student
Options

My problem is also same, please take this problem seriously, i am also using Samsung Note10-lite.

please release bug fixed update asap. we suffering though.

432507780_1076740073432785_3740886945520226990_n.jpg

hkpavel
Student
Options

any updates or reply from samsung?

0 Likes
GT85PTFE
Explorer
Options
Deafening silence.
0 Likes