Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Usable 30x Zoom on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 09:16 PM)
Beta22
Voyager
Options

Common Starling at 30x zoom through a window with no edits.

5 REPLIES 5
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
That's a top quality camera & picture.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I own an S21 Ultra myself @Beta22 and at x30 I reckon the S22 Ultra has a slight edge in image quality for sure.. I never thought we would ever be talking about useful image quality at 30 times magnification from a phone!.. It really is something!..👍👍
Beta22
Voyager
Options
@Babishko I totally agree. Apart from x1, the other zoom levels were kinda gimmicky features that would rarely get used. For me the S22 Ultra camera set has changed that as it is so versatile that I feel comfortable leaving my DSLR at home. I know it doesn't replace a DSLR but Samsung have managed to achieve something remarkable!
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Versatility definitely is the key word @Beta22. Wherever I travel it is with that illuminating feeling that, in my S21 Ultra, I have a phone that performs as close to the versatility and picture quality of a DSLR as you can get (S22 Ultra aside!..🤣) in my pocket should any photo opportunity arise. I would not get this feeling with an IPhone or any other make of phone to date. 👍👍
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Too true @Babishko! One of my close mates who is well and truly tied into the 🍏 ecosystem is very jealous of the photographic capabilities of the Galaxy S series! To a point where he's actually considering switching over when his current contract ends! Pause for 🤔