Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch Face Studio super easy

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 12:19 AM)
Marty313
Navigator
Options

Today I stumbled across a cool post on Reddit: Design your own watch face on a Galaxy Watch 4 with the following video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/kOGvl3CaTgM

This evening, I downloaded the Samsung Watch Face studio. 

This is what I got after just one hour:

20210917_000412.jpg

Battery, time of next calendar event, date, unread notification count.

My always on display:

20210917_000523.jpg

Just two hands and unread notification count. As few pixels as possible to save battery.

Excellent developer tools. Everything worked like a charm. Now I have to do some tweaking...

Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I tried out the new watch face today. At night, I used battery save mode. During the day, I used always on display (AOD), but I inactivated tilt to wake since the AOD showed me the time. To my big surprise, battery level at the end of my work day was 42 %, practically the same as when using the digital dashboard clockface without AOD.

I will tweak my clockface a little bit. The "unread notifications count" on the AOD is unnecessary as there is a red notification dot anyway. I will make the hours hand somewhat shorter so that the AOD becomes easier to read. As the inside of the bezel has markings in 5 min intervals no ticks on the clock face are needed. When everything works to my satisfaction, I will share the clockface via Google Play.

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Wow @Marty313 😍

Thank you for the tip - love this feature!

// ElinH
0 Likes
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

This type of customisation is wat I missed from Android ware. I used to make all sorts of fun watch faces with Watchmaker app.

0 Likes