Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s24 ultra & other hobby

(Topic created on: 09-05-2024 11:53 PM)
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Apart from my samsung s24 ultra & photography, hi fi & music is my next love be it vinyl, hi res files or cd's.

What else do you get up to, my samsung 24 ultra has about a hundred high res flac albums installed, music sounds great on it even with those free galaxy buds.
22 REPLIES 22
Frazzlbiker
Voyager
Options
Vinyl is the best way for listening to music 🎶
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Vinyl has the personal touch, laying that needle down & it makes you listen when your more involved in the workings of it. Some of mine I have had since the late 70s.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Found a picture of my old Naim/Mana system.

Main racks_1000016097_1715433891.jpg
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've still got a lot of my 12" picture discs, 45's, LP's and even my mothers 78's! Along with CD albums too 👍🏻
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Yeah you can't beat it. I'd stack up a few records and watch them drop. Too many and they started skidding 😂
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
I remember my dad let us put record music on a record player in a lockable case when about 8 years old so he could sleep without hassle, yes you could stack a few to auto drop & they would skid because it was vinyl on vinyl.
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Jesus's, what are all the boxes, power amps., you need a bit of space for that, have you still got one, I still have the famous Sony red walkman but no orange ear phones.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
On the left are the passive cd, pre amp, and cross over, to the right are the power supplies for the items on the left and then two power amps.

So allot of boxes for a cd player.
The mountains of steel are Mana Acoustics support.

I sold it up 20 years ago, bought a Bose sound dock for my iPod, and fast forward my system. Now is a one box streamer, amp, but a separate music server and audiophile network switch, plus fuses, cables that contain Graphene.

Not totally back down the rabbit hole.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I used to from HD Tracks and Ripping my own collection on my music server, then lost it all when it went back for repair, but I realised I prefer Qobuz streaming and if I really like an album get the HiRes download.

That said, a good quality ripped file on my server still beats any streaming method, but streaming is just easier, more convenient, a large catalogue.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I got deep into it and ripped my own CD collection in WAV format.

It depends on how much dedicated Hifi listening you do, I used to do 1 to 2 hrs , and then it was 100% worth it as more critical listening.

0 Likes