Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Kite at 10X Zoom

(Topic created on: 02-06-2023 01:32 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not an easy photo to get of this magnificent bird. Effortlessly gliding in the sky. 
But again the Galaxy S23 Ultra does a brilliant job

13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glenntech  A challenge but great  result ,impressive :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Was hoping to get it so the sun back-lit the wings.
But as ever, wildlife doesn't do what you want it to 😂
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Would have been ideal, cannot always go to plan though 😉

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
The red kite is my favourite bird bar none. I live on the Isle Of Anglesey and they are such a rare and precious sight here. I was driving down a twisty road one sunny day in the South of the island at a gentle pace, as it was too beautiful and warm to rush, and instantly (round a blind corner) came upon a group of seagulls scavenging in the road on a fresh roadkill. I braked hard to avoid killing any of them as they began unfurling their wings to quickly take flight. Suddenly from the back of the group a large bird of prey took off at an astonishing speed compared to it's seagull companions. It swept into the air and climbed very strongly. The distinctive fan tail of a red kite caught my eye instantly and I recall muttering an astonished "wow!..". This was my first ever view of a red kite in the wild. A moment I will never forget. They are enigmatic to me still to this day. Great picture @Glenntech.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm lucky to live not too far from where they released some back in the early 2000's if I remember. So see them quite frequently
To see them very close up is a rare moment and they look so impressive
With a 5 foot wingspan, they are incredibly majestic beautiful birds.
islasherdj
Journeyman
Options
that is so cool I love this 😎
PaulM1
Options

That's a stunning photo, @Glenntech - beautifully captured by the S23 Ultra. 😍

islasherdj
Journeyman
Options
I agree, purely AMAZING
islasherdj
Journeyman
Options
That, my man, I can picture in my head. Such a detailed description makes my day.