Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Favourite Phones

(Topic created on: 18-03-2023 07:00 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I like to use different makes of phones, but these two are just the best ones on the market for me.
The Galaxy S23 Ultra and Galaxy Z Fold 4
Just brilliant phones.

9 REPLIES 9
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have recently got the S23 and looking good up to now, battery seems to run out quickly at min but giving it some time to learn. I was tempted by the fold previously as I find the large screen tempting but I've not been able to get myself to trust the folding screen in case it fails or cracks over time so have never tested it out yet, it would be interesting to know if there is a record of failure rate of the folding screen to see if my concerns are valid or just based out outdated experience with bending plastics. I think if this concern could be alleviated a lot more people would go for the fold especially for streaming movies etc
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S23 will probably be like my S23 Ultra. My battery has been very inconsistent until last week. Got my phone very shortly after launch.
But has been great since

The only problem I've had with a Z Fold or Z Flip. My Z Fold 3 screen protector started lifting. But that's really a non issue. I replace screen protectors on all my phone regularly.
Not one I know that has a Z Fold or Z Flip has had any issues.

They are really robust phones and I know some have had problems. I think on the whole they are a really good phone.

The screen actually has a very thin flexible glass, so not really plastic.

Hopefully you are enjoying your experience with your new phone, and hopefully the battery will eventually bed in a get nearer your expectations
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I'm happy with the S23 Ultra it is a really stable phone and feels really well made, I'm giving the battery time whilst the phone is learning but I do put it through its paces so I think sometimes we can expect too much from our tech but to be fair I have been unable to find anything that the phone can't handle. I may try the fold one day I really like the idea of the large screen for watching movies or doing office stuff, which can be difficult on a smaller screen.
0 Likes
lahoof
Voyager
Options
Would you be prepared to get a fold with inferior cameras and processor to the current S Ultra series.? I wouldn't. When they're top spec like the S I might consider one, but not now...
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's got largely the same camera as the S21 Ultra. And it's a brilliant set of cameras on that phone.
In all honesty, there's limited space for cameras in the phone already without making the phone thicker. Then people will complain about the size and weight.
Really the Z Fold series is a multi media machine and I think the camera setup works great with it.
If photography is a priority for you then the S23 series are a great choice
Still it's only a few more months before the Z Fold 5 series will be announced. Rumours of a redesign as well. So will see
Kathrine04
First Poster
Options

Yet, kindly. There are still individuals out there who purchase smartphones from this manufacturer despite the low quality, the lack of system upgrades, and the security flaws that appear after a year as you can see on this page

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well that's a view
Not one millions of others see
But it's your opinion I guess
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes they do have problems that come and go as do iPhones etc. I'm currently using the S24 Ultra which seems to be performing well up to now with a couple of software glitches, which I expect due to recent implementation of OneUI 6.1. I have not seen any issues with build quality or security issues with any of the samsung phones I have had I.e I have not had to return or have them fixed. If I do encounter issues it's usually software related. When it comes to security issues I think the phones software are much better e.g I get targeted regularly by scammers and hackers and my phone intercepts or gives warnings of most scam or hacking attempts etc I receive which is very useful in this day and age with so many scam callers and dodgy apps and websites.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm waiting before I consider a Z fold. Whilst I find the large screen really appealing, I'm not ready to trust the folding screen just yet due to them being easier to scratch and a colleague of mine has the Z flip which has developed a faint line one the screen at the fold which is hardly noticeable but she said she finds irritating