Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK delivery of the new Galaxy Z Fold2 - Delay

(Topic created on: 15-09-2020 11:39 AM)
TheFellaLondon
Explorer
Options

I pre-ordered and paid for this device upfront, being told it would be delivered on the 15 September, three days ahead of it's official launch on Friday 18th.

However I got a text saying its delivery has been delayed, and it should be dispatched tomorrow, on the 16th. Has anyone else had this message, or have you received your phones?

I am very disappointed about this, as part of the reason for pre-ordering was to get the

315 REPLIES 315
Irishdeath
Journeyman
Options
Anyone that has pre ordered the new Samsung Galaxy z fold 2 should contact Samsung and complain about how the delay has been done and ask that anyone that has pre ordered the phone should receive a FREE pair of Buds Live on top of the stupid £50 off voucher thats being given out. The more ppl that complain the more chance we have. Also since the S20 and Note 20 series both received pre order gifts i feel we should also since its samsungs flagship handset. 

#FreeBudsLive4ZFold2Delay
0 Likes
allymonty
Journeyman
Options

I've been on hold for 40 minutes before I got through. They are getting inundated with calls and don't seem to know how to handle it. I asked for my £50 code to be bumped up to £100 but they can't do that because the £50 is automatic and has already been processed. I've settled for a £50 refund to my bank account on top of the voucher.

Edit: Just to add they also mentioned there is a 'list' of orders which should still be delivered on time so you can call with your order number and they can cross-reference it. Unfortunately mines is still due on the 2nd October. They mentioned that orders will now be shipped in 'batches' so sounds like a distribution issue.

TheFellaLondon
Explorer
Options

Thanks for all the updates on the situation. I too managed to get through eventually - again about 40 minutes plus. I was told the same thing - being delivered in batches. Some were on time, some will be today, batch 2 (they called it) on the 23rd, which should include mine, and the last batch on the 2nd October. I asked if they could push mine through, otherwise I would cancel, but that didn't seem to be an option. Anyway, they offered me a full refund, but after thinking about it, I have decided to hold out until the 23rd, and keep my fingers crossed. When it does come, I really hope it will have been worth the wait. Knowing my luck I will either drop it or have it nicked within the week...

Botakman
Journeyman
Options

Just got off the phone with Samsung UK. 

Was told that there are 2 batches (23Sep and 2Oct). They will however be giving away Free Galaxy Buds in Bronze (on top of the £50 voucher)

Sounds like the barrage of calls has managed to achieve something ?

0 Likes
Members_vKhpm5X
Apprentice
Options

They told me the same 23rd sept delivery. Free galaxy buds. which are ***** and will not be any use to me as they dont stay in your ear (tried a family members). Would prefer they waive the cost of my trade in device and let me keep it...  

0 Likes
Fin_Mowen
Student
Options

I had a similar issue. I ordered the black model on the 4th Sept and requested the delivery for the 15th Sept. I then got a text stating my fold 2 would be "dispatched for delivery" on the 16th Sept. I then received ANOTHER text stating it will now be delivered on the 23rd Sept. So much for pre-ordering lol.

ms101
Explorer
Options
just wondering if this delay is due to Galaxy unpacked event scheduled for 23 Sep
MBC2000
Explorer
Options

Just had a phone chat with them and was told that the reason for the delay is that the first batch to come into the UK got damaged (?) so delivery for me will now be on or possibly before 2nd Oct. Also confirmed free Galaxy Buds in bronze. I said as I have ordered the black fold can I have the buds in black too but was told they do not have stock. Sounds to me like the bronze buds are not selling well lol. 

Update - Just went online to check stock of black buds, showed in stock, put them in the basket and it says delivery 17th Sept so tomorrow. So clearly the black buds are in stock. I'll contact them again, this should be fun.

Options

I’ve had my order status changed to preparing dispatch anyone else? Also how do we receive our free buds? 

0 Likes
Usmanshahx
First Poster
Options

Anyone here order via EE and have any update?

0 Likes