Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-downloading Galaxy Theme Store

(Topic created on: 02-10-2020 07:58 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I apparently uninstalled the galaxy theme store while uninstalling a bunch of other bloatware, but now I want it back.  I can't find it in google play or the normal galaxy store however. I was able to find the apk online, but when I install it, it first gives me a screen that says:

"Galaxy Themes requires a network connection and access to the following permissions:  *Phone    *Contacts"

I have 2 options then, one is Cancel, the other is Start. If I click on Start, a window pops up saying:

"Unable to open Galaxy Themes. Go to Settings > Permissions, then allow the following permissions and try again:  Phone, Contacts."

It takes me to the settings for Galaxy Themes, but under Permissions it says that "No permissions required".  That's it, when I tap back, it takes me to the same Cancel/Start screen.  It never opens.  

How or what can be done to get the theme store back?  Getting desperate here.  Thanks!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
xTek
Journeyman
Options
If the Galaxy Theme app is that important, you can restore your phone, it should reinstall any missing bloatware. I am wondering if you Rooted your device to remove the bloatware as there isn't an option to remove them, just disable them.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
try typing into Google samsung galaxy themes apk it should bring up a link to a site called apk mirror try in there
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks but that's where I got the previously mentioned apk from.

Unfortunately, I bought my phone in China, so it only had the Chinese version of the theme store, which sucks, that's why I uninstalled it (didn't need root).  Unfortunately even though I installed the English version, it still won't connect, so it seems I'm SOL.  Damnit Samsung!

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
have you tried doing all of this via VPN and country selected as China?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

That's the last thing I want to do.  It says I'm in China but I want it to be US.

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
don't think I explained it that well. sign into vpn as though in China and then see if you can install the English apk.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks, but that's still a no go.  At this point I've tried everything suggested or found on the internet, and short of trying one other method in which I need to be in America for (or at least have an American SIM card), I'm all out of options, so I've basically given up.  But thanks so much for taking the time and effort to try to help.  It's very much appreciated.

0 Likes