Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network issue with Z Fold 2

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 08:13 PM)
Kempie81
Pioneer
Options

Hi I have been having network drop outs with my new phone. 

My Internet is slow as when not on WiFi and thats when I have it and my calls are dropping or not connecting. I'm with EE by the way. 
47 REPLIES 47
Az121
Apprentice
Options

Facing the exact same issue on my Fold 2 and I'm on EE too.

0 Likes
Az121
Apprentice
Options

Tried manually selecting the EE network but it fails saying could not connect or something to that effect.

0 Likes
Kempie81
Pioneer
Options
I contacted ee. they reset mt network which didn't work. there is definitely an issue with the handset. I'm just waiting on s new sim. if that fails. sorry samsung but I'm going to return my phone.
0 Likes
Az121
Apprentice
Options

Are you guys on 5G or 4G? I'm on a unlimited EE contract but I only get 4G/4G+ maybe I need to get a new sim? Before I got the fold 2 I was on a 4G device and 4G contract. 

Anyway I've disabled WiFi since the morning around 8am and haven't had a disconnection yet. Let's see how it goes. 

Kempie81
Pioneer
Options
I'm on 4G. glad to hear it seems better. I did a soft reset (hold the power and volume down till the phone turns off) seem ok for the last few hours but let's see.
0 Likes
Az121
Apprentice
Options

Update:

I called EE tech support and shared this thread for them to review and follow.

Still active connection on my end without any disconnections. EE teach team did a network update on my line where I had to restart the phone for the changes to take effect,  so far so good but it's been fine since morning anyway.

0 Likes
Az121
Apprentice
Options

Sounds good. Hope it gets resolved for us all.

0 Likes
Kempie81
Pioneer
Options
try a soft phone reset. mines been better since I did it.
0 Likes
Az121
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I will try that if I lose my connection again. Still going strong. 

0 Likes
Kempie81
Pioneer
Options
lost mine. got a new sim but I'm not convinced it's the sim.
0 Likes