Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Digital keyboard on Galaxy Z Fold 2

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 03:05 PM)
CliveM
Apprentice
Options

I have fairly large hands and am always frustrated when typing into my Galaxy S9 plus since I have a knack for hitting any one of the "keys" located around the one I want.

Can that on the Galaxy Z Fold 2 be increased in size?

8 REPLIES 8
Lollierose87
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same problem even with my s9+ I chubby thumbs still hit the wrong ones so annoying lol. you can make your keyboard a bit bigger in the keyboard settings you should be able to do it on your z fold too.
lilmissplatt
First Poster
Options
sort it out phil
0 Likes
CrazyFruits
Pathfinder
Options
I've just come from a S9+ to a S20 FE and still have the same problem. I've learned to embrace Swype and Voice-to-text.
AndrewL
Options

@CliveM: Hopefully, with the device unfolded in full screen mode, your on screen keyboard will be a little easier to use than on your S9+, thanks to the edge to edge 7.6 inch display. For additional customisation options, please head to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On Screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > High Contrast Keyboard. You can also check out the Keyboard Modes, to see if there's anything here that will improve your experience. 

0 Likes
Solution
CliveM
Apprentice
Options
Much appreciate the reply. If I am honest, I'm relaly trying to justify paying the hefty cost of the Z Fold 2, and the ability to see the text I had thought I'd typed rather than random characters that predictive text has then mangled, would be a big plus. At the moment, I can't find a local store that has a model that I can look at. However I take your point about the Z Fold 2 being an inch or so larger which must help.
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
I use Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard and there are plenty of options to resize the keyboard.
0 Likes
CliveM
Apprentice
Options
Appreciate the comment. I'll bear it on mind when the Z Fold 3, which I have now ordered, arrives.
0 Likes
CliveM
Apprentice
Options

For the benefit of those who would like to know more on this subject, having now decided to get a Z Fold 2, I can report as follows.

.    Using the standard device as delivered, the keyboard shown is, if anything, smaller in size that on, for example the S9+ when using the device folded up with just the one screen visible. This is because, although longer than the screen on the S9+, this one is narrower, and the resulting keyboard is scaled down a little in size.

.    When unfolded, the effective size is a little larger than on the S9+, but there is a neat feature whereby it is split into two halves located, more or less, on the lower left and right of the overall screen, presumably for those who like to "type" using their thumbs. I'm guessing here since, I for one, being an 80-year-old antique, am too set on my ways and prefer to use fingers!!

.    To get around this, the Display options in the Settings app, refer to something called as 'Easy Mode' which I haven't noticed on the S9+, though I could be wrong,  If this is switched on, the keyboard on the unfolded screen becomes much larger, and uses colour (UK spelling) codes for the different key types (character, digits etc.). On the front scree, the size doesn't change much but the colour coded keys are used.

End of lecture. Hope this is useful.