Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst phone ever.

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 05:48 AM)
waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
Hi Ive got to say it...Ive always had samsung phones,well for the last 10 years,but after this one I might change.
Ive got an A71 and my network blagged me into having it,before that I had the galaxy 9 and wanted the 10 but nooo they convinced me to have this thing.
After 13 months of slow loading and crackling music the phone wont reconise its own charger. The lead works fine on my partners phone and sometimes her one charges mine but when I get lucky with my charger it takes 8 hours to charge. Ive tried all the advice about cleaning it and re starting it on safe mode and Ive read so many other peoples posts about this that it can only be the softwear so if your thinking about getting one my advice is dont.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Looking at the reviews they do appear positive for this mid range phone @waffenjohn 

Samsung phone's are covered by a 24 month manufacturing warranty.

You could if you wish use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Doorstep repair service if available in your area to get the phone checked out.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply I will check the dates out and see how long Ive had it and how much longer my contract is and decide what to do.
As I said Ive had several Samsung phones but this is just not as good as the salesman made out. He implied it was as good as a galaxy 10 but not so expensive because of the plastic screen etc.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @waffenjohn 

No disrespect to the Network Rep but they are there to push their network contracts and sometimes phone models they've been asked to by their managers.

Each phone is different in regards to chipsets and other hardware.

Your phone going from spec sheets has a snapdragon soc in it and the ram appears ample.

Sometimes if the internal storage is filling up this can cause issues.

Try clearing this up by deleting unused stuff and use the Device Care in settings.

Also https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ can help.

I'm certainly not saying your phone albiet a mid range should not be performing well.

Hardware as we all know can fail.

I'd always advise to check out youtube reviews and communities like these before pulling the trigger and check out cooling off periods.

Having hands on with retail demo models in a store is a good idea.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Varun1
Student
Options
Thats weird because my a71 charges withing 2 hours with super fast charging and i don't have slow loading issues.
0 Likes
waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
Mine was fine for a long time before the charging issue. I have found Im not the only one with this problem
Varun1
Student
Options
Why did you listen to them when you could have got a 9
0 Likes
waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
I already had a 9,I was trying to get an upgrade ie.10 but they wanted way to much money so I took the 71 which has started having issues when playing music now. It crackles and stutters after a few minutes of play. Its not the speaker as it happens with headphones and bluetooth on my car app.
0 Likes
f4ckyou
First Poster
Options

I agree. Bixby takes over the fracking power button, and you cant disable it without creating a Samsung account. Makes you hate samsung. 

0 Likes