Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi not connecting since Vodafone update?

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 10:14 PM)
kxrst
Apprentice
Options
Anyone had this issue, its working on my TV fine but constantly on/off on my mobile or not connecting at all. Its ever since I got a Vodafone update and I don't know if it got interrupted but since then its been a total nightmare and I'm having to use my data constantly.
I'm going to try and ring Vodafone but was wondering if any Samsung a271 experts know if theirs anything I can do in the settings to get it to work properly again, I've turned it off and on again. I don't know if I'm going to have to do a total reset?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Have you tried "Reset Network Settings" from the settings menu?
0 Likes
kxrst
Apprentice
Options
yeah and then I turned private dns on automatic and it started to work but now its gone again. so odd. I've reset router loads too.
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Ah, just re-read, did you get a Vodafone upgrade to the router? I thought it was to your phone. If router, let them know that the latest update has ridden over the stability of the 5Ghz signal as I'm sure your TV will be hitting 2.4Ghz whereas most phones go for the 5Ghz protocol.
kxrst
Apprentice
Options
I've managed to get through to a Vodafone person on fb and she said to uninstall android webview as their aware of the update issue effecting the WiFi. but its still not worked and I'm still having to use my data so I have no idea what the hell its done to my phone.
0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
System webview was more on the side of apps crashing or not operating but I can see the likes of VF using this as a "it must be this" for months.
kxrst
Apprentice
Options
Yeah they then changed it to, if jts not that then uninstall google updates so I did and it worked. Until now and then I got a message saying dont do that actually lol and said to contact google as if my TV is working it can't be a Vodafone router issue. Yet its their Vodafone update that caused this issue on my phone. So irritating but thanks for responding dont really know what else to do as no shops are open atm to show anyone in person.
0 Likes