Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi data usage astronomically incorrect!

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 03:13 PM)
Havelock1
First Poster
Options

After first month using my new A71 I checked the data usage record and saw I was almost over the 8GB allowed by my package. I promptly purchased an additional amount. Eventually I got hold of someone at Sky who checked things and she told me I had used hardly any of the allowance, and kindly delighted the extra I'd purchased. The reading on my phone for Facebook was 7.86GB!!!!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Havelock1
First Poster
Options
That should read deleted of course1
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Havelock1 ,

that sounds like a big amount of data to me. Have you tried to limit the data usage of this app? You should be able to do change to do this by following these steps:

• Inside the Facebook app, tap on the hamburger menu on the right-hand side and scroll down to  Settings & Privacy.
  • Tap on Data Saver to save on mobile data. You can set it to turn off automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi.
0 Likes
Havelock1
First Poster
Options

Hi Tessa,

Thank for responding.

Perhaps I hadn't made myself clear, but, as informed by Sky, I had barely used any data - less than 1GB! The figure now reading in Wi-Fi Data Usage is 17.27 GB. I know Samsung 'cover their tracks' as it were by saing the figures the phone produces 'may not be the same as those provided by the server', but this is silly. I was just pleased Sky reimbursed me.  Most of my usage is at home, by the way, and connected via Wi-Fi all the time.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

My bad @Havelock1 ! That is odd, are you able to tell me where is this data showing and send me a screenshot of this? Is the total amount of data used right? 

0 Likes
Havelock1
First Poster
Options

Hi Tess,

Having problem getting a screen shot. sorry.

Directions to data:

Settings

Connections

Data Usage

Wi-Fi Data Usage

Now Reading 17.38 GB used

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

No problem at all! Is this the total data used by the phone? What amount is displaying Facebook? 

0 Likes
Havelock1
First Poster
Options

Hi Tess,

Sorry not to reply sooner, but another problem has been getting in the way and that is signing in to this site. Now that I have deleted my first temporary phone number, allocated by Sky for the first few days of A71 ownership, I may have sorted it out.

Running Opera's VPN doesn't help matters- I get relocated 'near Holland' and have to reset to UK English. It will be a nuisance if I have to keep switching it off each time I want to use this site

Anyway, coming back to your query, the number of GB used now on Facebook is 8.73 GB. The total of Wi-Fi usage is currently 18.32GB. It seems something is amiss within that App. 

Regards,

George

0 Likes