Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Connected without Internet_A52s

(Topic created on: 29-08-2022 10:43 AM)
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
Hello,

The past few weeks my Samsung A52s 5g, while connected on my home WiFi, will not have an internet connection through the WiFi, and it will use my data instead. This happens every few minutes, the WiFi stays connected to my device and the message "connected without internet" will appear. 

I have tried rebooting my phone, turning the wifi on my phone on and off, forgetting the network on my phone, resetting all networks, inserting my SIM card in a different device (to see if the issue is only on this specific device), changing the MAC address to "Phone MAC" and also restarting my router. Nothing works. The issue still persists only on my Samsung A52s (all other devices work perfectly while on WiFi). 

I have had this device for almost a year now and I never had issues like this with it before. It seems that the issue started right after the August software update. I could be wrong, but could this be the source of the problem?

I would really appreciate some advice on how to resolve this, please.
13 REPLIES 13
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Tell the phone to forget your home network
Reboot your phone and wait for it to find your home network and log in.
0 Likes
Supersonic1972
Explorer
Options
There's a setting somewhere, I forget it's technical name, but basically it uses mobile data if you're WiFi drops. I'd go into the settings and change this and also when using WiFi at home etc turn off the mobile data? Also unplug your router for about 5 minutes then restart it. Routers update just like anything else so they need rebooting, but it's best to remove all the wires out of the back, leave for 5 minutes then plug it all back in.
Hope this helps. ✌️
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately, the issue started occuring again.
0 Likes
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for the advice. I will look into finding that setting and also turn off the router for 5 minutes as suggested.
0 Likes
Steroids_Baby
Student
Options
The setting is called WiFi assist.
0 Likes
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. I managed to find it at Settings->Connections->Pressing on my WiFi->Top right menu->Advanced->Toggle off "Switch to modile data" option.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
This sounds like a problem with your phone. Does your phone have a soft reset for the WiFi?? I know my s21 has .. but be careful as it will reset the WiFi.. meaning all saved networks will be erased
It's a last resort
0 Likes
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I have done that already. It didn't work either. Everything I have tried so far corrected the issue temporarily (from 1 hour to 1 day) and then the issue occurs again. The weird thing is that this only started happening after I installed the August Software update, a couple weeks ago.
0 Likes
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
So far so good. The 5 minute router restart in combination with the change of the use of data setting seem to have worked. Since yesterday the WiFi on my device only disconnected a few times, but I think it was due to low signal. Thank you for the suggestion.
0 Likes