Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling

(Topic created on: 25-05-2021 05:28 PM)
DressageDiva
Apprentice
Options
Purchased Galaxy A51 via O2 on line July 2020 and WiFi calling not working due to incorrect firmware. How do I update firmware to correct version
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@DressageDiva: You can check for updates by heading to Settings > Software Update, or install Security Updates via Settings > Biometrics and Security > Security Update. I'd also suggest reaching out to your mobile network to ensure that the Wi-Fi Calling feature is currently activated on your account.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
DressageDiva
Apprentice
Options
Last updates April 2021. Feature is active on my o2 account. I'm told the firmware release us fir use on Three which is why it isn't working on o2 Galaxy A51. I need A515FOXME4EUD7
0 Likes
DressageDiva
Apprentice
Options
Phone has been set up and o2 account as well but not working.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I understand now. The firmware you need is the unbranded version. It is available here https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-a51/firmware/SM-A515F/BTU/#SM-A515F

Have you ever flashed firmware to a device? It does carry a risk and if it goes wrong you have no warranty. As your device is under warranty and this is Samsung's official site, I can't help further while your device is under warranty. I hope you can understand why.
If you are Hell bent on doing it there are many tutorials on the net.
0 Likes
DressageDiva
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. You've confirmed what I've discovered. I'm going to try calling o2 and Samsung and see what reaction I get. Really not impressed. I stayed with o2 ad I need WiFi calling otherwise I'd have decamped to Tesco and saved money on call plan.
0 Likes
DressageDiva
Apprentice
Options
My phone has just run a software update and surprise surprise my firmware is now running this version. Hopefully problem now resolved.
0 Likes