Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which phone to Upgrade to advice

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 11:09 AM)
tinacee1
Apprentice
Options

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy A3 which I love. I am so used to the format of it and know it like the back of my hand. I would love to upgrade to a more powerful mobile phone as I am running out of space on my A3. I really want to know if the Series A type have the same format. I'm hoping that this is the case. but I need advice before I buy the most current A series phone or if anyone can tell me if all the A Series mobiles are technically similar.  I got an S series phone but sent it back as I couldn't get my head around it. Thanks. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Qwerty7 wrote:

Yeah, id say get the snapdragon IF you can (as long as it isn't more expensive by too much) However the exynos would at least match the battery if your A3, and it seems to be fine for most people (my friend has the exynos S10e and he's a moderate user and it gets through a day with about 5hrs sot). The performance differences are negligible despite people saying they are except if you do heavy gaming but either is a massive jump from the A3.

the performance in everything which is related to intensive gpu or cpu usage is not neglibile, but dayle use certainly is

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

I mostly agree with you, but PLEASE steer clear of the a51. I have a galaxy A8 and my friend has an a50 (same cpu as a51) and both these devices, with midrange exynos cpus, are VERY laggy and glitchy after a year or two. For the A8 less so but the a50 is really weird and has many issues along with slow performance. For the £300 or so, you can do MUCH better with a OnePlus 6T, a galaxy A70. Anyway, if you can wait until July and are fine with a medium sized phone, wait until the OnePlus Z. Apparently will cost £400 and will have sd765G (as good as sd845 and better than the a51, a71 and probably better than S10e in gaming over longer time due to thermals), 5g, ois on 48mp cam and good software. Also steer clear of the iPhone SE if you need an iPhone get the Xr for a similar price. Both are very mediocre with horrible battery life and 2012 level screens

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah, what I meant. Either way still a massive improvement over the a3

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Qwerty7 wrote:

I mostly agree with you, but PLEASE steer clear of the a51. I have a galaxy A8 and my friend has an a50 (same cpu as a51) and both these devices, with midrange exynos cpus, are VERY laggy and glitchy after a year or two. For the A8 less so but the a50 is really weird and has many issues along with slow performance. For the £300 or so, you can do MUCH better with a OnePlus 6T, a galaxy A70. Anyway, if you can wait until July and are fine with a medium sized phone, wait until the OnePlus Z. Apparently will cost £400 and will have sd765G (as good as sd845 and better than the a51, a71 and probably better than S10e in gaming over longer time due to thermals), 5g, ois on 48mp cam and good software. Also steer clear of the iPhone SE if you need an iPhone get the Xr for a similar price. Both are very mediocre with horrible battery life and 2012 level screens

the xr is crapster too lol, if you want an iphone spend 1k, budget options are bad.

Yeah the 6T is still a great choice

0 Likes