Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which phone to Upgrade to advice

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 09:01 PM)
tinacee1
Apprentice
Options

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy A3 which I love. I am so used to the format of it and know it like the back of my hand. I would love to upgrade to a more powerful mobile phone as I am running out of space on my A3. I really want to know if the Series A type have the same format. I'm hoping that this is the case. but I need advice before I buy the most current A series phone or if anyone can tell me if all the A Series mobiles are technically similar.  I got an S series phone but sent it back as I couldn't get my head around it. Thanks. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

price range?

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

You probably want a small phone, so look at either the galaxy S10e or the galaxy a41. The galaxy a50 and a51 are very laggy apparently, so don't consider them. The a41 seems pretty decent though. 

tinacee1
Apprentice
Options
which is similar to the one I have now a Samsung Galaxy A3. Do you know. Thanks
0 Likes
tinacee1
Apprentice
Options
anything up to £450
I am looking for one similar to my A3 but with more memory.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are good spec sheets and product details on the Samsung Website.

Also a site called gsmarena holds good spec information.

YouTube holds good unboxings and reviews.

My own rule of thumb is to go into my local Samsung Experience Stores and Network Shops to have hands On experience with my shortlist of phones before buying.

In the Uk all the Network Stores and Samsung Experience Stores are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic so I appreciate that isn't an option right now.

When buying a phone then Yes it's crucial to check out it's available internal storage. Be aware that some of the storage is taken up with the Android Os.

Check out if apps can be moved from internal storage to a Sd Card as this can free up space too.

Enjoy your journey.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

If you want a small phone under that price, like the A3 look at the galaxy S10e. It is a previous year flagship device that is now under £450. However if you are fine with a larger device, you may be better with a galaxy S10 lite instead.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

if you go for the s10e go for a snapdragon version to get good battery life the 9820 is not terrible on the bigger s10plus but the deficit is way more perceptable in the s10e which has a relatively small battery

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah, id say get the snapdragon IF you can (as long as it isn't more expensive by too much) However the exynos would at least match the battery if your A3, and it seems to be fine for most people (my friend has the exynos S10e and he's a moderate user and it gets through a day with about 5hrs sot). The performance differences are negligible despite people saying they are except if you do heavy gaming but either is a massive jump from the A3.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

So budget 450 punds.

Best samsung A series 2020 phone under that price is the A71 linked here however the screen is a stupid 6.7 inch, for me the 6.4 of the s10plus is just the limit, 6.7 out of discussion. If you want a smaller phone there are no downsized versions unfortunately.

Another option is the A51 since it has "just" a 6.5 inch screen and a lower price link here.

Small compact device with flaghsip specs the one and only s10e flaghsip camera, display, compact size, very compact actually and flaghsip soc, however the exynos battery life may be disappointing for you and i would advice you to import a snapdragon version, however there will be warranty limitations unfortunately... here.

If you want to go outside samsung devices i would recommend the SE2 only if you want an iphone, the soc is the A13 yes, it may be downclocked however and the hardware is the same of a 2017 iphone 8 so i would not advice you that device since apart from the soc the current midrange devices offer better screen, camera and features.

Another choice would be the oneplus 7 linked here however i do not know if in the uk you can go in a shop and buy one, in italy the only way is to buy online the oneplus devices so you may need go for e commerce if you want one. The screen size is 6.41 inch but it is a better deal if you compare it to an a71 or a51 from a performance point of wiew since you have the 855 which is currently faster than the 990 and 9820.

In sinthesis my advice is this:

Want to cap to your budget and do not care about a big phone go for the A71 if you want to keep into samsung system or take a oneplus 7 if you find one because the camera should be better than the A71 and the specs are much much better.

Do not want a big screen go for the s10e however the snapdragon version may be the recommended one.

I personally do not take into account xiamo or huawei devices especially at that price range, the quality level is better on samsung and oneplus but if you want a smaller device you may look something from those brands which i do not advise however.

Want an iphone go for the SE2, but go for it if you only want the apple logo, just that. On the rest which is not the brand that device is definitely NOT recommended.

That's it from me, i would point out one last thing: i do not know which is the renting society which is in charge of the samsung store, but in Italy it is a very bad one and buying from there means 100 per cent problems if you have an issue or even receiving another device instead of the one you ordered and not receiving a device swap with the one you ordered. So i would advice you to buy in a physical shop or trustable e commerce site.

Have a nice day!

0 Likes