Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which phone should I get instead of Galaxy A5 (2017)

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 05:33 PM)
hiera
First Poster
Options

it's starting to get slow, time for a change

i really like my Galaxy A5  - quality build (dropped it like 100 times), not too huge

perhaps somebody had same and can recommend

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@hiera: If you were happy with the Galaxy A5, then I would look no further than the Galaxy A20e or A21s as both are amazing value with decent specs. If you know what features mean the most to you (screen size, performance, battery etc) then we have a useful feature on our website that can help you find the best device to suit your needs. To find out more, follow the link below and click on 'Let us help you choose your ideal phone' at the top of the screen.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-a-series/
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

I have to say, as you have an a5 DON'T go for anything less than an a41. The a20e and a21 have barely better performance than the at 2017 (just check geelbench if you don't believe me) the camera on the a20e is the same (13mp as the a5) and both a20 devices have low quality 720p tft LCD displays as opposed to the marvellous 1080p oled on the a5 2017. I'd say, as you like smaller devices like the a5, you should go for the galaxy a41. Noticeably better performance, camera and similarly great screen and design. If you are fine with something bigger though, the a51 for a small amount more offers better performance and design if you want. I hope I helped!

ecosse01
Voyager
Options

I've just taken delivery of the Samsung A51 5G, I'd highly recommend it.  It's got slight performance upgrades on the A51, obviously it's got 5G ability so is future proofed, upped cpu and 6Gb ram.

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Do you think the 6gb ram will be fine for 3 or so years? I was thinking of the a51 5g but was unsure about this. Also, how is the camera?

0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options

Yes, the 6Gb should be fine for 2 to 3yrs.  The 5G is a push for any phone as its a battery drain. 

Uploaded a pic for review.  It's got tons of settings. 

20200723_092612.jpg

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Ok, thanks

0 Likes