Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you press power button to lock samsung phone and you press power button again to wake it the screen stays black

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 05:51 PM)
HannahShewbs
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a samsung galaxy a20e 

Rather an odd one, the phone itself works but whenever I have finished using the device I press the power button to lock the phone and when I press the power button again the screen doesent wake up.

The phone is on as I can hear the messenger app pings and the LCD, touch screen and power button work perfectly until I press the power button to lock the screen. As I said above when this happens I press the power button again to wake it and the screen stays black.

Thanks 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Jorge Loureiro
First Poster
Options

Anybody solved this issue? A full reset solved it? Thanks

0 Likes
Kamranashraf2
First Poster
Options

Hi,

did u get solution for it? im having the same problem, screen wont wakeup once phone is locked though phone works fine.

Have to restart everytime to switch on the screen. i even reinstalled the rom but problem wont go away. Neither any app for Always on Display or tap to wake works.

phone is samsung A8s (SM-G8870)

thnx

0 Likes
Jorge Loureiro
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have done the same as you and then one time it got solved by its own. I believe it was same dirt in the power button. Last phone i bought from Samsung, not even the warranty saved me (3 months old)

0 Likes
Kamranashraf2
First Poster
Options

so it turned out that i had faulty glass screen protector. by removing it problem solved and power button is working absolutely fine.

0 Likes
PrismTech
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to add an update for you all 

this is solved by changing the port and or main flex between the port and the main board. This is why a used in this thread was having this issue after a port replacement - lots of shops use poor quality parts, we use genuine only - for this reason 

0 Likes
Octavio Richetta
First Poster
Options

By port, do you mean the CHARGING port?

0 Likes