Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you press power button to lock samsung phone and you press power button again to wake it the screen stays black

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 06:10 PM)
HannahShewbs
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a samsung galaxy a20e 

Rather an odd one, the phone itself works but whenever I have finished using the device I press the power button to lock the phone and when I press the power button again the screen doesent wake up.

The phone is on as I can hear the messenger app pings and the LCD, touch screen and power button work perfectly until I press the power button to lock the screen. As I said above when this happens I press the power button again to wake it and the screen stays black.

Thanks 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
does it work after a while or does it just keep doing it and is that a phone with the finger print reader built into the the power button
0 Likes
HannahShewbs
First Poster
Options

No it does it everytime I have finished using the device, and it goes into sleep mode the fingerprint reader is on the back of the phone not on the power button. 

0 Likes
HannahShewbs
First Poster
Options

No it does it everytime I have finished using the device, it goes into sleep mode and wont wake when  pressing power button. 

The finger print reader is on the back of the phone and not on the power button. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
ah ok and has this problem just started or always been the case?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
so how do you actually get back in do you just double tap the screen or press the sensor on back, sorry for all the questions just trying to get a better understanding as my phone is slightly different, I think there maybe a setting somewhere.
0 Likes
HannahShewbs
First Poster
Options

No it's only just started.

I had to get the charging port replaced because the pins were sticking out.

It now charges fine.

The only way when the screen goes black is to do a soft reset by pressing volume down and power button. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
ah ok it sounds like it's a pretty deep problem then not just a little setting or something have you tried a full reset, I know its a pain but it's always a thing to try, you just have to make sure everything's backed up
0 Likes
HannahShewbs
First Poster
Options

I havent done yet, didnt want to loose all my stuff but I guess that's the next thing to do :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
you won't lose it if you back up properly if you want me to run you through it let me know, will have a think see if I can find another way and see if anybody else comments first 🙂
0 Likes