Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I plug in the headset the microphone doesn't work

(Topic created on: 24-08-2020 06:30 PM)
ArikElman
Apprentice
Options

My situation is as follows - when I plug my headset into the jack port on my Samsung A50, the phone doesn't recognize the microphone. People don't hear me, I can't record anything on Voice Recorder - that, despite the phone "saying" that the external mic is recognized. I can hear the sound on headphones, but no mike. I've tried several headsets, with the same result. Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
Jp20013
Journeyman
Options
Check your headset port, your headphone jack connection on the phone, you may find debris inside causing the mic connection to be faulty.
0 Likes
ArikElman
Apprentice
Options

Done that, no dice 😞

0 Likes
Jp20013
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried cleaning the headphone port out using a can of compressed air?
You will probably find there will be a build up of dirt on the mic contact.
If I remember correctly there is a systems test you can do for the microphone, but unsure if it is the phone mic or it can be done on the headset mic too.
0 Likes
ArikElman
Apprentice
Options

Did it just now, clean as a whistle, same result...

0 Likes
Yinoguns
First Poster
Options

I am also having this problem with new headset I bought, I have a Samsung S10 and this new headset. Headset works fine with my PC.

0 Likes
A series
First Poster
Options

Did you manage to find a solution to this?? I have the same problem on my mobile with the mic and buttons not working on my wired headset

0 Likes
EsmeraldaM
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, a few days ago my headset with microphone included worked fine, but after the update on my samsung A52 the microphone stoped working just because. It doesn't seems to be working, when I open discord Or try to make a call or just send an audio message it just send white noise. And I repeat, my headphone worked fine before...I don't know what to do, If anyone has an idea, it would be great, I really don't want to buy a new pair of headphone just so the microphone works. 

0 Likes
DoWnSpOt
First Poster
Options

The exact same issue here.. I've got an A12 smartphone, the mic used to work just fine a couple days ago but now I get white noise as well. I attached them in my old Xiaomi and surprise surprise, it works perfectly fine!! I read somewhere that possibly a new phone update or a brand new downloaded app might cause the issue. I tried the headset on my wife's samsung mobile device and the issue remains. For the record, we don't use the same apps and I didn't have a recent system update just before the problem occurred. Anyone at Samsung that came up with a proper solution to this until now? This thread has been created almost a couple years ago!!

0 Likes
Members_zV1ixjv
First Poster
Options

Same problem contacted support , did a factory reset and problem still exists. Front mic stops working as soon as I input headset. Not an app issue since all apps have been removed . Worked fine up until earlier this year now I can't use mic when I have input inserted in the jack port 

0 Likes