Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to my phone

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 04:18 PM)
Kichibro
Pioneer
Options
So I have a samsung galaxy a12 and recently got it after switching from iPhone I have all the updates but my phone randomly freezes my keyboard stops working my home button won't work and I have my phone optimised and I'd like to know what you think is my phone broken is is samsung galaxy a12 just a bad phone in general camera quality is awful aswell
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The A12 is an entry level phone, so although it does what it should do. It's never going to be as powerful as an iPhone.
Common causes of freezing can be lack of available memory storage. As the phone is only 64GB capacity. 4GB of RAM as well. So you may experience some lag with more heavy processing tasks.
Did you buy the phone new of reconditioned?
Camera quality will also not be to iPhone level.
I think you probably would have been better off purchasing a higher spec of phone. Something like an A52 or A53, even an older flagship model like the S20+.

You maybe able to help things like clearing the Partition Cache on the phone. Setting up regular restarts in settings to help with optimisation.

It's a good little phone, but coming from an iPhone. You'd probably be best served with another A series, but a better specced one
If you bought it recently, you may still have a returns period. Depending on where you got it from.
Kichibro
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for letting me know
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kichibro 

How long have you owned the phone?

You may still be in your cooling off period to have it swapped out.

If you moved information from your iPhone to your Samsung phone then how did you do this ?

I ask as sometimes this process can cause issues.

It might be beneficial to factory reset and set the phone up as new.

You could try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kichibro
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for letting me know
0 Likes