Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty On Resold Phone

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 05:14 AM)
HarryisHoudini
Apprentice
Options

So I wanted to buy an unlocked Galaxy A52 5G from someone else on the facebook marketplace, not the best idea I know, but the only thing stopping me right now is the status of the warranty. If I buy the phone does the warranty follow the phone and would then transfer to me or is it tied to an account?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @HarryisHoudini 

The manufacturing warranty is attached to the phone via it's build and serial number.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre technician checks the warranty status by using that information.

However you maybe asked for proof of purchase so ask the seller to provide this with the phone.

I'm sure your aware by what you've mentioned in your post that's it's not the best idea to purchase a phone via Market Place and I'd agree.

Unfortunately we do see instances where a phone has worked for a few days , weeks or months and then a No service problem occurs which is typically the phone being imei blocked.

I'm in no way questioning the integrity of the seller in anyway and on balance I'm sure many have bought used phones this way and from Ebay etc but the potential issues remain.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I believe the warranty is tied to the phone, but I think it is best that you contact Samsung regarding this issue via the Samsung Warranty website. They will be best suited to answer what requirements you need, in order to file a claim against the warranty 🙂. Hope this helps! 😁
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @HarryisHoudini 

The manufacturing warranty is attached to the phone via it's build and serial number.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre technician checks the warranty status by using that information.

However you maybe asked for proof of purchase so ask the seller to provide this with the phone.

I'm sure your aware by what you've mentioned in your post that's it's not the best idea to purchase a phone via Market Place and I'd agree.

Unfortunately we do see instances where a phone has worked for a few days , weeks or months and then a No service problem occurs which is typically the phone being imei blocked.

I'm in no way questioning the integrity of the seller in anyway and on balance I'm sure many have bought used phones this way and from Ebay etc but the potential issues remain.

HarryisHoudini
Apprentice
Options

Would you recommend just purchasing the phone from a trusted retailer, in this case BestBuy as they are the only sellers I know who sell this phone to be compatible with verizon, instead?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's most definitely a personal choice @HarryisHoudini 

If this was my situation then yes I'd buy from BestBuy.

1. Trusted Store you can go back for support if needed.
  2. Full 2 year manufacturing warranty on the phone.
  3. Proof of purchase with phone.

I'd rather pay a bit for for piece of mind.

Also register the phone on your Samsung Members App. 

HarryisHoudini
Apprentice
Options

Yeah you're right, thinking on it, it's probably better to guarantee I'm getting a proper product than saving a few bucks on a gamble. Thanks for your help man.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @HarryisHoudini 

😎

0 Likes