Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for update on repair

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 04:58 PM)
hooch84
First Poster
Options

I sent my daughters A71 off for repair on the 25th Sept, I have had no update on the repair except to say they had received it.

I tried talking to Live Chat and that was a challenge in itself, it's hard to communicate with the staff, not their fault but you could throw them a spellchecker to make things easier and clearer. Anyway, they could provide no update on my phone but did give me an email address to contact, an email address that doesn't work.

So as it stands, I have a phone somewhere, with no update on it's progress and no way to chase it up. They've had it for "6 working days" so far, plus the weekend days, with no word to what is actually going on or if the repair is done, or an ETA as to when I'll get the phone back. Communication is shocking Samsung 😮

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Delays can occur to repair timescales due to the amount of work planned in before repairing your phone to availability of parts and the damage that the phone has sustained that needs to be addressed.

Personally I prefer to use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre or if possible arrange for a doorstep repair if available in your region.

I appreciate it's frustrating when waiting for information and to be kept in the loop so I hope you recieve some positive information soon @hooch84 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
hooch84
First Poster
Options

I understand how repairs work, but it's just a screen, the phone is only 3 months old, I could have done it myself in 30 minutes but as it's only 3 months old, I wanted the warranty. No Samsung store in my city, this model was not available for doorstep repair (although the older A70 was) so I had no choice.

Thanks for the condescending message though, appreciated :smiling-face:

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I once had to have a Samsung s7 edge screen replaced and the Samsung Service Centre didn't have one in stock so had to wait while they ordered one in,  which delayed the process which I why I said what I did.

Some people do not realise what goes into the whole process of a repair.

As you didn't say in your original post that  " I understand how repairs work " I though it might be helpful to share this information.

I certainly didn't want you to feel I was being " condescending " so I apologise if you took my reply that way.

I'm sat here after a 9 hour work shift logged into the Samsung eu Community Forum to try and help people in my own personal time it's not how I would want a person to perceive my replies.

I wish you all the best with this situation and if you want I'll bow out of your thread and wish you well @hooch84 

Take care.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
NB123
First Poster
Options

He is upset because instead of offering practical solutions you explain that there is nothing you can do. I have this same issue, you don't communicate you have to start to communicate hell i cant even track my repair. your websites are broken don't take this to heart but the company you work for has terrible customer service.

0 Likes
hooch84
First Poster
Options
That's not a Samsung employee, just a random user who posts a lot of comments that aren't really useful 🙃
0 Likes