Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume on Galaxy A40

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 04:36 PM)
Penny9
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a Galaxy A40 and have a problem with the volume on incoming calls.  Speaker phone is fine but the volume on the earpiece is almost inaudible when I use a cover on the phone.  I purchased the cover recommended by Amazon and it does not cover the microphone hole but reduces the sound hugely.  Is there a clear cover available that will not do this or do I have to use it unprotected in order to hear the caller.  I have the volume set at maximum and have also set the advanced option for hearing; I am not deaf or even hard of hearing.  Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you considered a Samsung case ?

Some 3rd party cases can hinder mics, speakers and camera's if they are not made to properly match the phones ports , mics etc @Penny9 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Penny9
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply.  I have looked at the Samsung cases but I specifically chose the blue version because I liked the colour!  It seems a shame to shove it in a bulky black wallet.  I am a livestock farmer so would want to slip it into a pocket rather than carry a handbag.  The cover I bought was a flexible clear plastic one; it definitely did not cover the visible microphone hole on the top but had a huge muffling effect, and where I am out in the wind amongst sheep, I need extra volume.  If I have it on speakerphone, other peope can only hear the wind noise!  I could try the clear Samsung case but this too is coloured.  Otherwise I risk buying case after case and getting the reduced sound effect.   I should be grateful if you have any other ideas. Thank you.

0 Likes