I need a little help...when I turn down the volume on my A34 (i.e.when I go to bed) notifications still bleep but on my old S10 when I put the phone on silent everything was silent what have I missed.
26-08-2023 05:07 PM in
Hi @Geezer Can you test it out on Silent. Try a Soft Reset, hold the power and volume down Button simultaneously for around 10 seconds until the phone Reboots. If that does not solve it see if you still have the issue in Safe Mode where 3rd party apps are disabled. see details here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ if it seems to be ok in Safe Mode would suggest a recent third party app has caused the issue. However if issue also in Safe Mode it would be advisable to clear the cache partition, this deletes temporary files but keeps your Data intact. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. May need to connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
can also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.
A schedule can be set with the Do Not Disturb Mode,this mode allows exceptions but can turn these off is not desired. Some information here https://www.samsung.com/Do Not Disturb
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .