Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video and audio stuttering

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 04:32 PM)
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Hi, my A52 5g has just started stuttering, ie stops and starts when playing a video and audio? 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@JJB: Is this issue occurring on a particular app, or is it persistent across all apps and media? Also, is the issue currently affecting streamed media, or files that are saved directly to your A52 5G? 

In the meantime, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Further to the above, if the stuttering is affecting streamed media, please try unplugging your Wi-Fi router at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this helps. You may also wish to try connecting via Mobile Data, or another Wi-Fi router (a friend or family members) to see if you notice an improvement. 

JJB
Pioneer
Options
Thanks AndrewL, your restart has fixed the issue. I had restarted it several times, but using the button. Brilliant, thanks again for the speedy response 👍😊
AndrewL
Options

@JJB: That's great to hear! Glad I could help :smiling-face:

JJB
Pioneer
Options
Hi AndrewL unfortunately it's only a temporary fix. I have to restart every couple of days and then it's OK for a couple of days 😔 very annoying on WhatsApp video calls
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @JJB ,

have you checked if there are any software updates or apps updates available? To check if there are any system updates head into Settings> Software update> Download and install.

For the apps you will need to check the Galaxy Store and the Galaxy Play Store> Menu> My apps/Manage apps and device> Update all.

Does the same thing happen when the phone is running in Safe Mode?  How to use Safe Mode on Samsung Galaxy device | Samsung Philippines

0 Likes
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Hi TessM, yes I have checked all these. It occurs whenever I watch or leave a voice message a video across all apps
0 Likes
Members_GxtfQuC
First Poster
Options

Hi, My A52 has been doing this for about a year now and I get really angry about this because I have to reboot every three days to reset the issue or put up with it until it drives me mad and then reboot it.

I'm sure this is a phone OS issue and not an app problem because every form of video or audio is affected across all apps including system apps e.g. Alarms, notifications, keyboard key clicks.

I've seen lots of user forums across the Internet talk about this issue with no one knowing what is causing it. I've even been through Samsung online Support and the agent has given up at the end because he's ran out of things to try on his script.

This isn't a one-off issue and is affecting lots of users. Come on Samsung get to the bottom of this issue and identify what is causing it. Please do your research on the Internet with what users are saying and get this issue fixed.

If you require any further information from me I will be gladly supply it.

Can you please advise on next steps to get the issue resolved.

Thanks

Mbike19
First Poster
Options

I now have the same issue. It happens on all apps, streaming or downloaded, WiFi or mobile data. I've tried restarting multiple times in multiple ways with no success. It seems to have happened after an update was installed today!

JJB
Pioneer
Options
Bummer 😕
0 Likes