Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Galaxy A52 5G Keeps restarting.

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 05:12 PM)
n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
The phone consistently restarts every 30 seconds for no reason.  I was deleting pictures, videos & applications in order to increase the space available on my phone and have been doing so the whole day. After doing so I restarted my phone and now it restarts every 30 seconds. 
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
That sucks I'm glad not had any issue with that on my A52s 5g
Fever105
Journeyman
Options

Hello!

I'm also experiencing this issue. It just started this morning. I was renaming my picture folder and every couple of minutes my phone A52s would restart.  I've gone into safe mode, after a while say about 5 - 10 minutes, it will restart.  I went ahead and updated my phone to the latest update, but the restart persist.

I do recall on Saturday (2 days ago)  I left my phone to charge and when I came back later on, it was extremely hot, to which I quickly unplugged it and placed it in front of a fan to cool down.

At the moment, I'm gradually uninstalling apps, but then the phone could/would restart suddenly.

Does anyone have any ideas, please??

0 Likes
n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
It genuinely seems as though it just randomly starts and stops I'm afraid. It stopped the same way it started for me. We need somebody that's somewhat of a hire up to check this out because it genuinely is odd.
0 Likes
Fever105
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for responding. Did this stop on the same day or it took a couple of days, weeks, months?

0 Likes
n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
No problem, I try to respond ASAP. So, it genuinely depends. My one stopped after an update or two. Don't bother with uninstalling any applications, that didn't help me at all. Don't restart your phone, I remember that was a trigger of it, for some reason. If your phone has that feature that automatically restarts it at set times, disable it (although from I saw that's not a feature anymore??? I could be wrong) It really is just random shots in the dark, unfortunately.
0 Likes
Fever105
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks for the responses, it is reassuring to a degree.  I only uninstalled about 10 apps there about, particularly the apps I updated and installed in the last 3-5 days, but the issue persists.  

Fingers crossed it all turns well very soon, I really need my phone to be operational at the moment.

0 Likes
n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
Yeah, I wish you the best. I found that after a while it'd just stop or only do it throughout the night which shouldn't be as much of a problem.
0 Likes
Fever105
Journeyman
Options

Update - Day 2:

I left the phone off since the last conversation till this morning. Turned the phone on, all seems well, for some reason the Wi-Fi  could not be enabled, but other functions like incoming calls, outgoing calls, text were fine.  I didn't restart it and waited to see if eventually the Wi-Fi would later be enabled on, no luck. The phone lasted about 1 hour or so before it restarted. 

After the initial restart wi-fi came on, but then the usual restarts began again every 5 - 15 minutes. I've lost count how times it has restarted, at one point I changed to Power Saving mode, then after restarting about twice, it hasn't restarted ever since. 

Current uptime : 4 hours and counting

Fever105
Journeyman
Options

Update : Day 4

No restarts so far. I'm very pleased with that.

On two occasions, I noticed the phone got extremely hot during charging. I've taken the rubber phone cover off, but the temperature still tends to go high. I've checked the active background apps running and nothing catches my attention, though I closed them before charging. My charger is the official charger that came with the phone.

Besides those two occurrences it has not happened again and now tend to charge my phone with it being in front of a fan.

Current uptime : 54 hours and counting.

n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
This is good to hear, thank you for keeping the thread updated. You're helping many silent people that will potentially face this issue in the future by bringing them the comfort of knowing that the issue is a short-term one.