Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates security & offer.

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 06:06 PM)
CodyH
Voyager
Options
Bit worried about only had phone since dec.25 2020. Its a21s. 

Worries. 
1. Security update. Last done for my phone was September. 
(But heard newest was November. )

2. When try update since beginning of February usually get message saying.
Some sort of device error. Or unable to connect or update or connect or some think.
(Got work once by doing restart but dont want have do that everytime.)

Only had phone barely month and already being difficult. 

What best to do about these things ?
14 REPLIES 14
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @CodyH ,

you can try to use Smart Switch to see if there are any updates available for your phone. To do it you just need to follow these steps:

•Go to Samsung's Smart Switch website (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/where-can-i-download-samsung-smart-switch-for-pc-o...) and download for PC or Mac.
•Install and open Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via its USB cable. If you haven't plugged in to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.
•After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.
•A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.
•If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then side load to your phone.

GalaxyS21FEUser
Explorer
Options
Me Too. How Can We Not Have And Update Since September.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
but what if do not have pc or mac.
0 Likes
GalaxyS21FEUser
Explorer
Options
I Dont Know If It Will Work On Mobile As Well. Smart Switch Is Also On Mobile.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
that's a terrifying program to use wants way too much acces to everything even wear you are.
thank you for trying to help tho.
(guess I'm stuck with outdated phone maybe send back hmm.)
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
looked web says not getting android update until may the 10 - 11, so could that be when getting security update.?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No mobile version is only for backup/restore, not downloading and flashing firmware.
GalaxyS21FEUser
Explorer
Options
I've Tried That It Says I Have The Latest Update.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Samsung are being irresponsible by not releasing interim security updates even if there's an OS upgrade coming.