Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 09:46 PM)
ant21
Apprentice
Options
Since update my a51 phone is struggling to charge it won't charge when plugged in, and when it does it say 3 hrs on 87%

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
dababy
First Poster
Options
sad😞
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Have u tried a different charger and cable
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ant21 

Please Check the plug port via a torch to see if there is any buikd up of debris.

Sometimes when a phone is not behaving after an update some generic troubleshooting tips are …

1. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

2. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

If it's the charging port then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look but if the damage is user caused then expect a repair bill.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ant21
Apprentice
Options
it seems to have got better, starts to charge instantly when connected although still no fast charging
0 Likes
ant21
Apprentice
Options
tried several
0 Likes
ant21
Apprentice
Options
it seems better today charges when connected but it would take an hour to charge it now takes 2-3 hours. when charging it did say fast charging now it doesn't after update
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ant21: If you head to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Charging, is Fast Charging toggled on? If it is, try powering off the phone before connecting to your charger to see if you notice an improvement. If the issue persists, open the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen prompts to see if this returns any errors. 

ant21
Apprentice
Options
I've checked the setting, I'll try the other thing cheers
0 Likes